Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - as long as you love me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Fight Type: Battle
Prize: Experience
Contact Made: Yes

Character #1: @Somnus
Bonded: Yes, Alba the Barn Owl
Magic: Yes, Blood Manipulation at Vexillum Tier
Armor: No
Weapons: No
Current Health: 22
Current Attack: 18
Current Experience: 40

Character #2: @Eulalie
Bonded: Yes, Tabbris the Gryphon
Magic: No
Armor: No
Weapons: No
Current Health: 11
Current Attack: 9
Current Experience: 20

No man was ever wise by chance.

”Are you ready, darling?”

The question echoed amidst the chilly air, a winter breeze blowing through the air and tousling the hair about their very heads. While the cusp of winter had arrived, Somnus and Eulalie had managed to sneak away to the Steppe before the first snowfall of the year. The pock marked earth beneath their hooves was frozen and hard, the soil having little to no give beneath their large bodies. There was a very high risk of a sprained fetlock should they not be careful, and not for the first time since departing Delumine, Somnus wondered if this was a good idea.

It wasn’t that he doubted Eulalie’s abilities, not at all… He simply felt as though there was something indescribably wrong with physically fighting your soul-mate in battle, even if it was just a test of mettle and skill. Despite what some might believe, Eulalie was a soldier of Delumine, and Somnus knew that he needed to treat her as such. The last thing he wanted to do was offend her by turning down the offer of a friendly spar.

Together, they had left Delumine behind in favor of the expected battle grounds upon the Steppe. Side by side they had walked the familiar paths and trails through the forest, traveling south at a leisurely pace. They flirted as young lovers would, and more than often Somnus would brush the feathers of his wing against the ridges of Eulalie’s pale spine simply because he could. They were married now, after all. They were one.

Married. He could scarcely believe the thought. Oriens, the mighty, knowing Oriens, had blessed their union himself. Aside from the day that Regis and Anemone had been born, the day of their wedding would forever be the one that brought him the most joy and heartfelt warmth. Since that day of the blessing beneath Oriens’ early light and knowing eyes, Somnus knew Eulalie in a way he had never known her before. Within his breast, in the cradle of his heart, he could feel her there. A steady pulse, a steady presence, the beautiful woman of ivory and gold was always with him. Their spirits intertwined forevermore, they were intimately familiar with one another that in no way had to do with physicality. They were more than that now. Spiritual, perhaps. With all of the words he knew and had at his disposal, Somnus knew that he could never properly articulate the wonder that had accrued between he and his wife.

With hushed whispers and soft laughters as though they were on their way to a date as opposed to a spar, both husband and wife arrived at the Bellum Steppe. They got into position; Somnus, with his back towards the southern coastline of the Terminus Sea and able to to see the impressive peak of Veneror to the north, allowed for Eulalie to pick whichever point she desired to begin their battle. The afternoon sun shone brightly overhead from an overcast sky, revealing a battlefield of upturned earth. The trees surrounding the steppe shifted and swayed with the might of the winter breeze, and even though Somnus shivered from the chill that swept over him, it was also in part due to his excitement.

The dunalino’s emerald eyes glittered as he watched Eulalie, awaiting her confirmation of preparation. Alba soared in lazy circles overhead, uncertain if she would be needed on this easy-going spar or not. Somnus had no intention on using his bonded in this fight, at least not yet, but that might change. Eulalie was a brilliant tactician, just as he was, and even though this was just for fun, well… Things always changed on the battlefield.

Already Somnus’ pulse was pounding in his ears, the beat of his heart seeming to increase ten-fold. The wide, exuberant smile adorning his dark lips gave way to his genuine eagerness and excitement, and he quivered in anticipation.

“Good luck, my darling wife.” Wife. His eyes sought out Eulalie’s pools of warm, loving brown, and he drowned in her stare. You are that and so much more.

tag:

Summary: Somnus and Eulalie arrive to the Bellum Steppe. Somnus is waiting for Eulalie to make the first attack, facing north towards Veneror Peak. Alba is circling overhead waiting for Somnus to call her if he wants to.

Attack Used: 0 (UPDATE THIS WHENEVER YOU USE AN ATTACK)
Attack(s) Left: 2 (UPDATE THIS WHENEVER YOU USE AN ATTACK)
Block Used: 0 (UPDATE THIS WHENEVER YOU USE A BLOCK)
Block(s) Left: 1 (UPDATE THIS WHENEVER YOU USE A BLOCK)
Item(s) Used: LIST ANY ITEMS USED, IF ANY

Response Deadline: 04/08
Tags: @Eulalie, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @nestle, @aimless

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 02:44 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-08-2019, 06:27 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 05-06-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by sid - 05-24-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:09 PM