Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - as long as you love me

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

No man was ever wise by chance.
Breathing in deep lungfuls of the crisp winter air to catch his breath, Somnus felt himself settle. His wings folded in and rested against quivering golden flesh, the momentary burst of speed enough to wind him but not exhaust, and within seconds his pulse had settled and his breathing had slowed. His heart, however, continued to race, for there was rarely a time when he was in Eulalie’s presence that it did not.

Verdant eyes remained rooted upon his wife’s moving body, watching with a rueful grin as she did not stop, undaunted by the difficult terrain beneath their very hooves. Oh, there was a feeling of concern for her, a gentle thrum of worry that she might trip or sprain her fetlock. It was a foolish worry, of course. Eulalie was nothing but ferocity and grace, and he trusted that she would be fine.

Eulalie did not halt, instead crossing the ruined earth in great strides, but Somnus did not remain still. Instead he moved with her, the glittering emerald of his gaze rooted only upon her to watch and learn, to plan. As she loped around him, the sound of her hooves pounding against packed dirt and crushed, dead grass, he pivoted on his heel, turning towards the right to follow her. Closer and closer she circled, her golden tresses wild and free and a proclamation of her spirit so bright and earnest, so determined, but on the second pass around she made her move. Eulalie’s speed increased with a powerful stride and she skirted towards his exposed left flank, then pushed herself up onto her powerful haunches to kick out with her front hooves, rearing high into the air. It was impossible to miss the small quirk of her lips, the rueful grin that he knew oh so well.

Her hooves flashed like daggers, but Somnus knew that he was not in danger of such a wicked blade. Much like her last attack, Eulalie was holding back, doing her best to not strike to hurt. There might be some bruises and cuts at the end of it all, but as far as serious injuries went, there would not be any. None given on purpose, anyway.

The Dawn King did not move or shy away from her blow. Just as before he stood stalwart against it, stationary and bracing himself to take her weight onto himself so as not to be knocked off balance, allowing her hooves to come down hard upon his left flank and buffet against his hip and slip down his left side. It hurt in the same sense as before; a dull sort of radiating pain that spread from the initial points of impact. Perhaps they would bruise or welt, but they would draw no blood. He grit his teeth against her added weight, a soft ’oof!’ escaping his lips, but Somnus grit his teeth and shifted his hooves upon the dry earth, ears pinning back but for a single moment.

He had a plan.

Emerald eyes darted to try and catch his wife’s beautiful earthen eyes, grinning once more. Then, he acted, hoping the plan would work to his advantage. Turning towards her to hopefully catch her exposed chest before all four hooves were once more upon the ground, Somnus stepped into her space, hoping to crowd and knock her off balance with a good shoulder shove. He tucked his left wing close, the wing joint upon his shoulder raised only slightly to try and add a bit more force to his shove, and he gave a grunt of effort. Bracing himself, he heaved his body to the left, hoping that Eulalie would not move out of the way in time to avoid the move all together.

tag:

Summary: Once more, Somnus did not try and move away from Eulalie’s attack. Instead he leaned into it hoping to use her precarious position to his advantage, and aimed to shoulder shove her while she was rearing to knock her off balance.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used:

Response Deadline: 05/09
Tags: @Eulalie, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @nestle, @aimless

Posted very late with permission from the kind and patient Kat <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 02:44 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-08-2019, 06:27 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 05-06-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by sid - 05-24-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:09 PM