Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- listen to the waves crash;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

There was a distinct part of Bel who felt relieved that when it came to her slightly awkward tendencies, she at least once one of those painfully shy and quite type . . . in fact, it was typically getting her to shut up that was the problem. Word vomit had become a typical sign of her feeling unsure, or awkward in a situation - typically wandering around an actual topic, or sharing too much about novel things (such as the unique state of her having a tail). Of course, it also tended to lead to her very quick withdrawn behavior when a subject hit something she was unfamiliar.

Thankfully she was slowly warming up to Lasair, and was beginning to feel less awkward, less uncertain. Small shifts would only be noticeable to those who knew her well. Her responding smiles, or even the way she was steadly rambling less, though still talking a fair bit. She smiled faintly when she spoke of the whales, hoping he took her words to heart. He'd shown a great amount of curiosity to her tail, and she wondered how far his curiosity went. Would he be the sort to really, truly search out anything that made him curious - was he even the sort to want to meet a whale after hearing about them. Hmm, perhaps she was now the one seeming to be as curious as a dolphin with a new toy.

However when the topic turned to that of healing methods, and how they were handled by the Pod, there was a distinct shift in the behavior she was showing outwardly, but even that was nothing compared to the maelstrom growing within her mind. Medication, healing techniques, very few were ever used, it was too risky to the Pod. Her father had refused to abandon her little sister after her severe injury for a full two weeks before the close calls became to many. The cries of her sibling begging them to not leave her behind haunted her for so long - it had led to her own chose in leaving the Pod.

Still she couldn't just not answer him. Her words were halting as she tried to come up with just about any way to give him an answer . . . . but not the answer that was the most honest. When he finally did speak, she glanced at him momentarily when he spoke, apologizing. She made quiet note of his concern, and managed a strained smile, a slight shake of her head, "Please, don't apologize . . . You . . . as you said, you had no idea." Her strained smile twisted into something bitter momentarily - a feature that did not look natural on the softness of her face, "I've lived with these methods all my life. It was a way of life." Some of her bitterness dropped at that sound of the past tense. She had left it, unable to bare it any longer, "But . . thank you . . ." She wasn't sure why the thanks was sonecessary for her to express. For his understanding in how hard it was to talk about. For the pain felt by those who had to leave someone behind. For the sympathy he was showing, the respect to those gone and those lost. Perhaps for all of it.

She forced another smile, struggling a touch for a more cheerful counterance - even if it was faintly strained one. "So, are you a healer then?" She asked in an effort to switch the topic - from loss to life, or rather to what his lie must be like, to who he was.

Thoughts
Speech

Tagging: @Lasairian

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
-- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-21-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM