Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

This was not how Cally was expecting the chase from a predator to end. Usually, in those scenarios, you either escape, or you’re the one who is pierced (by teeth) and injured. Of course, Cally never did things as would be typical. Since the day that horn of hers had manifested, it’d been one mess up after another. Today, however, would be an all-time low. Up until this point she had avoided (through a few near messes) ever actually hurting someone. Today she’d ran straight into an individual who seemed to be at one with the dark. The little deer hybrid had collided right into someone before stumbling back and falling to her rump, shaking her head and apologizing quickly to whomever it might be. Her nose wrinkled daintly, trying to peer through the darkness.

She did see a flash of someone stepping forward, and the very small pony mix jerked back in alarm, even as he moved past her, declaring that a hole had been placed in his perfection, and needing to see the damage somewhere better. Cally’s eyes widened in horror. Hole? Like. Her eyes criss-crossed as she tried to peer up at the offending appendage attach to her forehead, and for once she was grateful to be on the otherside of the portal – away from The Thicket . . . Frost would NEVER let her live this down if she was anywhere close enough to discover what she’d done.

Climbing quickly to her hooves, the 10 hand tall half deer half pony followed after the other creature, pausing just long enough to rub her horn and forehead against her leg as if to aid in removing blood (or more honestly) rubbing at a dull headache. She had just ran into (head first) a very solid wall of horse. Still she followed the individual to light, staying back and at a distance, still mostly hidden in shadow herself. She could see a small slice and winced, but she wasn’t expecting the wail from the stallion.

As soon as he’d begun she’d cringed back against the wall of the cave, making a face, far more visible in the light, but her brindling color easily helping her blend into the earthen wall of hard rock. “Ruined?! Hardly! It’s just a small scratch! It’ll heal! Besides, I already said I was sorry! Perhaps you should do better than just hiding in the dark. I was RUNNING from something. With SHARP HUNGRY TEETH. So I’m sorry I was more focused on not becoming LUNCH and lacked any sort of magical ability to know that a buck with a vanity streak the size of a prime doe was anywhere nearby!” She snapped back, both sets of ears pinning in irritation.
When he demanded to know who she was, Cally was more than a little irritated, especially in terms of being given a bill.

She stalked into the light, a faint sheen of green visible when the light first touched her hide, before blending in seamlessly to the dark browns and pale creams of her roaned, brindled hide. The half deer stared him down, green eyes gleaming in annoyance as she stood as tall as her tiny ten hand frame would allow, “I don’t think you need to know who I am. Send the bill to Zero, because that’s about all the cares I have to give. I’ve already apologized, and it was clearly an accident, so suck it up, buttercup; it’s just a flesh wound anyways.” She retorted angrily. Blaming her. Sure, she was part of the issue, should have been more careful, but she was RUNNING for her LIFE, and had ALREADY apologized in earnest as soon as the ‘attack’ against his ‘perfect hide had happened. All in all, this was not how Cally had hoped her fun day of exploring to end. She stared him down, dark horn reflecting lighting, as both sets of ears kept pinned close to her head, the second set almost buried in her choppy mane. So much for a fun adventure.

@Huehuecoyotl

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 11:13 PM