Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

The little deer instantly frowned, doing a quick once over before stomping a little hoof as hard as she can, "Deer." That didn't feel powerful enough and the next word was following with a full body jump (the signature toes down jump of a deer no less), "Deer!" Each word was punctuated by that dump, "I. Am. A. DEER." She stopped her jumping, her legs splayed out, and her hair messy from each hop, as she stared him down, "It's not my fault some foreign magic messed with my body. This is NOT what I should look like. I am a deer! A proud doe, not what ever freak of a horse thing i look like now." She grumbled, only for her to realize what he'd said next that she'd ignored in favor of dealing with being accused of looking like a tiny horse. She tilted her head, eyes wide and expression shifting to almost shy and demure, "You think it's gorgeous?" It was asked with such surprise and uncertainty, that one could imagine she didn't her any sort of compliment like that often. Her eyes crossed as she peered up at the dark brown growth, "It's not plain or boring?" The under-lying self-confidence was showing just faintly as she had asked.

Of course even moments of calm didn't last long, and he had raised an eyebrow before berating her for insulting others with obscure phrasing - his words. She pinned her ears when he spoke about his mother raising him against that kind of manner and Cally flinched - more from the thought of what her mother would do to her if caught behaving like this and less from his words however. Her mother had been more of the verbally and emotionally abusive type, but even she'd been known to put a hoof to her miscreant daughter on more difficult situations. It was then that he had apologized for his reaction, and all anger started to seep out of her like wind removed from a sail, she stared at him for a moment before nodding sharply, "Yes, it was; especially as I'd asked about your welfare as soon as I realized I had ran into someone. Being verbally attacked for an accident that I had immediately apologized and asked about was more than just dramatic, but rude when paired with the accusations that I didn't care." She paused for a moment, uncertain if she was meant to return an apology, before merely shrugging, "It's whatever, you had been what I'm sure must have felt like being under attack." She muttered awkwardly, glancing away. Still angry about her treatment but deflating slowly.

The little deer made a face at him when he'd tried to add humor, her response almost hissed, "Don't call me darling." It was said with intense passion and distaste it was clear that it was the word that she had an issue with, not that he'd used it. Her mother had only used it with dripping sarcasm when in the company of others, and she had no intentions of letting it be used in reference to herself every again. Either way she'd decided to just walk away from what was chalking up to be a horrible interaction when she suggested he find better company than her, casually calling her name over her shoulder as she turned to disappear into the cave.

She wasn't expecting him to follow. His voice echoed through the tunnel, and she hastily used magic to draw the corner of her cape to her eyes, rubbing the liquid away before he might reach her. She flinched when he grew close enough, introducing extra distance from between him and her as she glanced at him. The full apology was not what she was expecting though. She stared at him for a moment in silence, before speaking quietly in the dark, "It's really not an excuse. You were extremely rude." Her voice was quiet, carefully controlled not to give any hint that she'd been crying, trying to appear as strong as she possibly could, "It's not like I had purposely stabbed you, it had been an accident that you blew way out of proportion, accusing me of not caring and insulting my upbringing all in the same breath." She didn't let her tone raise any as she kept her gaze off of the male, "I really did see something any here. I'm no novice adventurer. Especially to caves. I don't scare easily in them, but hungry teeth and eyes that shine like that of predator usually mean I should run away fast. I don't make a habit of running wildly through caves - just so you know." She paused, before allowing one more sentence to leave her lips, the closest she would be able to get while still as upset as she was, to forgiving him, "So, uhm, just keep an eye out for it, and if you see anything that looks like it wants to eat it, say something so we can run - and uh, stay out of the path of my horn, I guess too." A quiet acceptance for him to remain nearby if he so choose after following her back into the cave.

Speech
@Huehuecoyotl

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM