Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 189 — Threads: 28
Signos: 110
Night Court Battlemage
Male [Him/his/he]  |  Immortal [Year 500 Summer]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 37 — Atk: 43 — Exp: 74  |    Active Magic: Shadow-Forging  |    Bonded: Thia (Shadow-creature)

T  E  N  E  B  R  A  E

On my body, the grace of shadows
and in my heart: all Hells

Tenebrae smiles slightly. It is a small and sad thing, the shadows blooming along his lips. They reach out for Mephisto too, cool in the autumnal night, yet warm with their gesture. “I think it takes a while to truly belong anywhere.” The monk knows how it took him months as a child to adapt to the strange way of life within Denocte. 

“Really?” The Disciple asks, surprise hanging from every syllable. By her account Novus seems a milder place - or at least it had in his mind when she described the wilder magic of her homeland. However, the more he thinks, the more he feels that strange creeping magic of the island. Just because it had not reached across the water to the mainland, did not mean that feral magic did not exist within Novus. 

When she talks of Vespera, of Terrastella, Tenebrae only listens. His lips do not twitch with humour. He waits until he has finished, watches the fireflies as they seem to drink up every wish from her cheeks as if they were tears. “The gods exist,” Tenebrae says, assured. “I have seen Caligo.” But that was a long, long time ago. He has not seen her for so long. SHe seems almost quiet. The monk knows his faith should be stronger. Yet her silence rattles him, sometimes. “No one should expect anything of a god but love anyway.” Tenebrae is quiet for a moment, thoughts filling his mind on the infallibility and impassibility of the gods. They were deep questions, ones his brothers agonised over nearly all their lives. They were questions he could not begin to grapple with tonight. They were too large for the fragility of this firefly night. Suddenly weary he sighs, “It was good to meet you, Mephisto.  I hope we can meet again soon and i hope that your wish, whatever it was, finds some place in reality for you.”

With that the monk turns, his shadows gathering against his silver sigils as he presses on, through the firefly glow and out into the dark wilds of the trees beyond.

@Mephisto ~ Fin, thank you so much :) <3 

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Messages In This Thread
i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] [fall] - by Mephisto - 06-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now - by Mephisto - 06-06-2020, 03:41 AM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 08-26-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 08-31-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Tenebrae - 09-06-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 09-20-2020, 01:59 PM