Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - the universe is going to catch you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

Florentine hadn’t quite meant to kiss Seraphina. She had most definitely been aiming for something just a little more… fierce. Yet Florentine has always been more inclined to kiss her enemy than bite them (and even bites can be loving though Flora has decided she is now too old for love bites. And this is digressing terribly...) so maybe it is unsurprising that Flora’s attack was benign enough as to be deemed more like a kiss than anything else. 

As she skitters back her eyes meet Seraphina’s. She clings to the amusement that slips through her friend’s words. That small wisp of humour, as faint as a ghost, yet still delightfully present brings a smile to curl Florentine’s lips. However, the grin is short lived, it is lost as Seraphina speaks. The fae-girl’s mouth draws itself into something of a surprise. “No” the Dusk girl breathes, her head shaking adamantly. “It is not going easy, I think you and i have a different definition of easy. I think you and Asterion must share the same definition though since he gave me a black eye once.” She is aware she has told this story before. She is aware she will tell it again, and again, and again. No matter her age Florentine will always take great delight in making her brother feel guilty for hitting her - even if she gave as good as she received. It was a sister’s duty to annoy her brother after all. Even in their old age….

If you aren’t a bit sore, you’ll have accomplished little.

Flora’s nose crinkles at her friend’s reasoning. “There are far, far more enjoyable ways that this to end up a bit sore,” She says lightly, playfully. Yet her brows lift suddenly as she realises telling Seraphina that could have been as awkwardly impulsive as the time she told Asterion to practice safe sex. “Sorry.” She coughs lightly, ‘No filter.”

The small moment of respite passes and Florentine is almost grateful, almost, when Seraphina springs back into action and her unnecessary comment can be forgotten - she hopes. The former Day-queen lunges at the former Dusk Queen and Florentine is swiftly reminded why it was Day who were always the most military minded. “I am glad we never went to war, Sera.” Flora grunts inelegantly as she swings her neck away from where Seraphina rears before her, her teeth reaching for Flora’s neck. The Solterran’s teeth catch Florentine’s nape, some golden strands of hair caught between Seraphina’s teeth. Lavender petals scatter in dismay from Florentine’s mane, as shocked as the mare herself. A squeal, her second inelegant moment, peels from Flora’s lips. Yet she twists away yet further, her nape smarting. No blood gathers, the skin barely grazed. Turning from Seraphina, attempting to time the Solterran’s landing, Florentine kicks out with both hind limbs, trying to catch Seraphina across her chest, where the muscles are thicker and better protected. Yet Florentine’s aim is questionable, her training in battle negligible. 

Clamping her tail nervously to her rump Florentine skitters forward once her final attack was made. She spins to look back at Seraphina, her eyes wide, “I didn’t hurt you did I?”

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

Summary: Flora feels a little sheepish that Seraphina felt her attack was a bit more like a kiss than an actual fierce attack that befits a once-queen but decides she is probably more of a lover than a hater anyway and so decides it's okay. They are friends after all. Florentine proceeds then to make an inappropriately timed comment for the middle of a fight. She hopes Sera doesn't feel too awkward as she reflects upon the fact that she has no filter and apologises to Seraphina for her inapropriateness (Obsi is now thinking that is not even a word but ONWARD). 

Anyway, so then, Seraphina launches her second attack much to Florentine (and likely everyones') relief. Though Sera looks quite fierce and determined again and with such a view of a determined and skilled female warrior bearing down upon her Florentine is rather relieved Day and Dusk never went to war when they were both Queen of Dusk and Queen of Day. Flora doesn't like to think how that might have ended.

She tries to dodge her friend's attack, but is quite bad at fighting. She squeals in an unlady-like (or maybe too lady-like?) way as Seraphina's bite lands upon the crest of her neck, managing to pull some of her hair out in the process. Since she is already turning to try and escape Seraphina's attack, Florentine carries on turning and tries to aim a kick to Sera's chest - a gentle one - no need for bloodshed or death here tyvm. She then runs forward, rather panicked, turns around and checks Sera is not injured (because that would be awful and there are better ways to... nvm)

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left:
Block Used:
Block(s) Left:
Item(s) Used: 0

Response Deadline: 8/09 (unless extension needed, of course <3)
Tags: @Seraphina, @Sid, @inkbone, @nestle, @layla

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
the universe is going to catch you - by Seraphina - 08-17-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: the universe is going to catch you - by Florentine - 09-05-2020, 04:12 PM