Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - stars dancing across my skin

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 35
Signos: 125
Inactive Character

i don't pay attention to the world ending. it has ended for me many times, and began again in the morning.

I
t seems I am found

I recognize the lost, more often than not, only seek solitude. He was alone, and now he is not—I wonder if that sits uncomfortably with him, if he would rather I had not turned the bend and we collided. “Do you want to be?” I ask, thinking I already know the answer. 

I study his still-glass face. The placidity of his expression frightens me; it frightens me, because I am accustomed to stoicism belying innumerable, complicated intentions beneath. You’ve taken the whole pathway, the stranger says, with a note of dissatisfaction. 

“I’m sorry.” I do not sound sorry. “In that case—would you like to join us?” If we are stone gargoyles, this stranger is the stars made flesh, soft galaxies and nebulas. If I were someone else, I might apologize—I might direct Damascus from the path. But I do neither of these things. 

(Perhaps because, in some essence, his quiet disposition and lack of expression inspire me in an urge to break, to provoke, to cause. I have always been attracted to the stoics and the softly spoken, the men who make me believe they have secrets I could learn, or a heart I could break). 

And yes, I think, I am attracted to him. 

(I am attracted to him like a fire to tinder). 

I want to burn, burn, burn. 

« r » | @Vercingtorix

Messages In This Thread
stars dancing across my skin - by Ceylon - 08-25-2020, 11:40 PM
RE: stars dancing across my skin - by Ceylon - 11-29-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: stars dancing across my skin - by Vercingtorix - 11-30-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: stars dancing across my skin - by Ceylon - 12-07-2020, 02:38 AM