Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - battlesong—

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

The night sky hides from wandering, but the sliver of moon is still bright enough to cast wayward shadows about us, picking and choosing fractions of our bodies to illuminate. We're prowling the Bellum Steppe, just looking to pick a fight. After all, how does a warrior train, gain experience, if not by doing the thing he wants to get better at? Damaris leads the way, trotting ahead of me with her nose held in the air, sniffing for strange smells. (Though, to be fair, they are all strange to her.) I follow behind, jogging now and then to keep up with her. Nothing really stands out to either of us. I guess Novus is at peace right now, eh? I chuckle.

"Perhaps." She responds, though doubt clouds her speech. I have always thought that, even though she is young, she is much wiser than I have ever been. Someday I hope to be half as wise as she. I wonder if she's going to say more, but suddenly she stops, ears pricking forward as the rest of her body stills. I know better than to ask what it is, for doing so will only disturb her focus and earn me an irritated growl. Instead I use my own silver orbs to search the darkness before us.

There in the middle of an 'arena', surrounded by tall grasses, is a lone pegasus. Her body is as dark as the night, but her legs, mane, and tail are pale like the moon, and serve to make the rest of her form stand out. She practically poses there, appearing defiant and strong to any who might dare cross her path. Of course, that just happens to be myself and my lovely hellhound.

Surprise seems the best approach. She's wandering the Bellum Steppe, which is the same as just begging to be attacked. "Introductions can come later." For once Damaris agrees with me, which serves to boost my confidence. I turn to my left so I'm approaching from the mare's right. Quietly I move through the tall grasses, having not entered the pock-marked dirt arena. "Go now - before she hears your heavy breathing!" Not the nicest 'charge' that I've ever received, but it's enough.

I gallop toward the winged fae, breaking out from
The grasses and into view. My hooves pound the ground, metal armor clinking around my sides, and as I near her I bellow a war cry. My teeth are bared as I focus my aim at her feathered appendage, hoping to both slam into her and damage her wing. Perhaps if I can ground her, I'll gain an advantage. Damaris runs in behind me, growling and barking wildly at the unknown mare from a short distance.

WC: 456
Tag: @Aislinn @Sid @inkbone @kay

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Summary: Rosti arrives with his armor on, accompanied by Damaris, his hellhound companion. He bursts from the grasses into the arena without warning, and attacks from Aislinn's right. He tries to rip her wing with his teeth and knock her off balance.

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: None (except his armor that he arrived with)

Response Deadline: August 6

Messages In This Thread
battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-02-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-02-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-04-2017, 09:05 AM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-05-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-07-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-09-2017, 05:14 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-10-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: battlesong— - by inkbone - 08-13-2017, 03:35 AM
RE: battlesong— - by inkbone - 08-28-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: battlesong— - by sid - 09-04-2017, 04:32 PM