Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - battlesong—

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Though my carcass collides with hers, and though I've achieved my goal of jolting her and tearing a gash, I have knocked some of the wind out of myself as well. My armor presses up against my ribcage and breast, compressing an area that is too large to cope well with the feelings of being squeezed and pushed on. I step away from the mare, wobbling as I try to regain my own balance. The sudden attack leaves me winded for a moment, and my lungs heave as I reach for air. Removing myself from my opponent's side releases the pressure on my armor, and the breathing comes more easily. I don't see her fury, don't see her coming although it is as plain as day. It's not that my eyes fail to work, that my optic nerve is frayed and worn. No, it's that the blood of my enemy has coated my teeth, and the taste of iron as I run my tongue over my teeth has effectively drawn my attention.

The irritation at my complacency radiates from Damaris, palpable in the summer air.  You fool! She growls at me, and she has every right to do so. After all, the dark winged fae is after me, outrage lighting the fire beneath her wings. My reaction is slow as she comes at my left, her wings outstretched in as much a display of dominance as anything. A snarl fills the void - but whether it comes from me or Damaris is hard to tell. I brace for the impact I know is coming, for my momentary distraction, however short, is enough to give the pegasus a chance for revenge. Her teeth are bared just as mine had been, out for my blood.

I dip my head, trying to protect my skull, jugular vein, and carotid artery. Her teeth clang against the metal of my armor, scraping against the alloy that protects the crest of my neck. Although I'm safe from her teeth, the metal digs into my neck, scraping along the skin and pulling at the mane hairs tangled underneath the plates. I grunt and shift my weight under her assault, trying to avoid being shoved around. Though I'm thankful for the armor, it's not a foolproof way to remain unscathed. Nothing is infallible, and there are flaws to every plan, every design.

I wrench myself away, twisting to my to right to free myself of the onslaught. Taking just a few steps farther, I dip my crown again toward the dusty arena ground. My loins coil, my body tips, and with an unparalleled fierceness I send my hind hooves flying in the woman's direction. My leonine tail whips ferociously as my back legs extend, a squeal piercing the air joined with the barking from the nearby hellhound. I aim for the other equine's face or neck, then quickly descend to the ground again to balance myself. My armor clinks around me, jangling with the movements of my attack. I twist my crown around to glance at my opponent, stepping away as quickly as I can to avoid what I can only assume is another oncoming attack.

WC: 527
Tag: @Aislinn @inkbone @kay @Sid

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Summary: He is slow to move out of Aislinn's way,
And so he receives her bite, but on the crest of his neck armor. It pushes against his skin and scrapes him, plus it tears out a bit of mane. He turns away to his right and aims double barrel kick at Aislinn's head. Then he takes a few steps away (still with his hindquarters facing her, and turns his head to look at her.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: None

Response Deadline: August 8

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-02-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-02-2017, 11:15 PM