Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - if winter had the courage

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

Florentine forgets, in that moment of impish delight. She forgets how her magic broke and shattered when put to that of this strange island. Yet that forgetting is always so fleeting. She can never truly forget, not when her children are lost and her partner trapped in another world. Her loss is always a wound. It is a hole which can never be filled. It has a long and deep shadow that weighs upon her back. She can forget its there, like one can forget all pain, for the smallest moment. But always it is there, black like a dog, like depression sinking in with the winter blues. 

No. She does not forget and she is glad he does not remind her, for her smile would have slipped away faster than the dew in the morning. Ipomoea presses his muzzle to hers. The flower-woman’s eyes close, feeling, knowing, loving. Their breaths mingle as their lives have for so long. Winter snow paints all things white, steals the echoes out of the air and turns all soft and mute. Ipomoea’s magic blooms, flowers erupting from frost and glass. She grins, for how can she not. She laughs lightly and presses her brow to his.

Between them he makes his promise. She feels it painting itself across her skin. Her smile does not falter, not even when she wonders whether this is a truth, whether he will find her on his last day and let her send him away, ripping worlds apart for him. 

They stand together for so long, as if they are bulbs within the soil waiting for Spring to come and bring them to bloom. Yet when the snow is a cool press along the gentle curves of her spine, only then does she draw away. “I shall hold you to that,” Florentine whispers to her friend as she turns for the island to continue her searching and find where her lost children roam. “I should like to meet your girls too, one day.” Florentine says, again pushing her own splitting heart aside as she taps a glass mirror as she leaves, two twin girls, beautiful and terrible.

@Ipomoea ~ Fin <3 I love them. I demand one before he goes, please <3
florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
if winter had the courage - by Ipomoea - 09-04-2020, 07:43 PM
RE: if winter had the courage - by Florentine - 09-05-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: if winter had the courage - by Ipomoea - 09-20-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: if winter had the courage - by Florentine - 10-27-2020, 09:38 AM
RE: if winter had the courage - by Ipomoea - 11-03-2020, 12:12 PM
RE: if winter had the courage - by Florentine - 11-03-2020, 03:23 PM