Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I go to the ocean and ask her why

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 70 — Threads: 5
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Outcast
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: Starfire  |    Bonded: N/A

This keening soul;

The girl stops, she does not run and all the stars and the moon and the planets cry out fool

The sea just laughs. 

Leto gazes out at it, listening to its endless hiss and song. Then, slowly, she returns her gaze to the girl whose skin is so warm, so sweet and devoid of salt and brine. 

What do you mean? She asks Leto and the kelpie smiles turning her nebulous gaze into the girl’s. There is nothing innocent or weak behind those dark eyes. This strange girl is like a predatory lying in wait. Ah, it brings a smile to Leto’s lips. It is a grin that the sea trembles for. It is a smile that the sea made. It dusts her lips with salt, turning them paler than they should be but they look in that moment, like the dust of galaxies. Leto’s smile is the dark, the light, the chaos of the universe. It reminds them both that she is not just a creature of the crushing blue sea, but of sky and earth too. In her Making she became triune, complete, whole. 

What do you mean?

“Only a fool would look to the sea and not recoignise the force of it. Any step into the sea is a step into danger. You step into the path of the creatures who lurk in its depths. You are not made for the sea but the creatures within are. They can hunt you and kill you, as surely as the waves can crush you and the water fill your lungs.” Leto’s head tilts as she studies the girl. “Have you no imagination?” 

Her smile has not left her lips. The sea still pushes itself up the beach, faster and faster, cantering towards the girls. “You stand here and you will die. Soon.” But Leto does not say how.

@Ruth
Anyone! | "speaks" | notes:
rallidae | art

Messages In This Thread
I go to the ocean and ask her why - by Ruth - 09-05-2020, 10:31 PM
RE: I go to the ocean and ask her why - by Leto - 10-27-2020, 10:17 AM
RE: I go to the ocean and ask her why - by Ruth - 11-07-2020, 09:42 PM
RE: I go to the ocean and ask her why - by Leto - 11-13-2020, 01:33 PM