Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals,

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

The world and everything in it is a broken thing. Meira is no exception to this idea, she too is a broken thing. Cast aside, forgotten about until it suited others to acknowledge her existence. This unicorn does so much more, for she is so aware of her existence that she bares the teeth of hatred, violence, and death. It sits in her breast, it breathes for her. Meira watches. She watches the way her mouth hangs agape and a terrible sound comes out. Laughter. It is laughter that is followed by challenging words. The unicorn speaks of death as if she is the only one who knows what it is like, and that all are meant to fear it. She does not understand. " Or perhaps I know so much of death, that I know it is the only promise that life keeps. There are more ways to die than a cessation of existence."  Meira explains because perhaps this woman knows only of one kind of death. So many only think of one type and not the death of the self. The death of love. She watches the mare turn away from her.

Turn back to the fires with the crackling and writhing of the saplings that sprung beneath her command. Eager to please her, only to burn. At this moment, she is like him. For a time Meira considers her backing away a detriment, the thought is fleeting. Meira knows she has no right to attack anyone simply because they remind her of him. Remind her of the way his smoke infects her lungs, the way he drained her sea. There is another threat that comes, this too is a promise. It promises of the one kind of death that all beings know. That even more fear. Meira stares at her, pale frame illuminated by the firelight. Smoke swirls around her like an angry ghost. She pauses, thinking she might see him in the fire. The earth-bound sea convinces herself this is not true. Nothing is true. So she stares, and a small laugh escapes her lips. It is her turn to feel the surprise to claim her face because not many would laugh at such a promise. "You speak as if I was ever allowed to live in any corner of this world. I have died far more than I have ever lived, and die a thousand times each night. Make use of that blood then, and extinguish the flames that bring such ire to you. It will not last long." 

She too has promises that she can keep. Meira agrees silently to the woman's words. If it is up to her, she will never again see this pale ghost who will surely haunt her each night, just the same as he does. A ghost, a ghost to gnaw on her bones. Meira turns and bows into the darkness of the night. Toward the trees she carries herself far, far away from this hungry ghost.

To close it out <3
@Danaë

Messages In This Thread
(fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 10-10-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 10-28-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 11-04-2020, 10:54 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 11-06-2020, 05:48 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 11-09-2020, 05:24 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Meira - 11-10-2020, 11:21 AM