Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fire] This Is Everything I want to Say

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

When are you really gonna believe in yourself

The fires burned into the sweeping canvas of night. The chill in the air was kept at bay by the immense size of the bonfires painted by strange metals. Meira gave in to her exhaustion, she rested at the edge of the light cast by one of the bonfires. There were a few bodies dwindling near this one, but most equines were attracted to the livelier locations. She never imagined the ground would feel so comfortable. Her nape was elongated and her muzzle rested upon the soft sandy ground. Her oceanic chasms studied the dancing flames. Each flicker was a mesmerizing movement of a complicated pattern. The wood beneath them shifted, the charcoal sounded hollow as it scraped against the wood. Flickers of firelight exploded from the edges of the flame. Meira sighs with contentment as she studies the fire. Her body begins to relax, after traveling from Solterra she sorely needed it. The warmth bathed her bodice as though it were an invisible blanket thrown across her earthen shoulders.

The voices drifting in the night become a dull hum in the background of the main event. Stories are being told, children are racing nearby. It's almost idyllic the way the night is progressing. Meira feels her eyes begin to grow heavy as she allows herself to enjoy the warmth of the flames. She drifts into a landscape much darker than the one in Illuster Meadow. She dreams of the monsters she has already bound. Her frame grows restless as she dreams beneath the stars. Not even the fire is enough to keep her monsters at bay. Meira wakes with a start and finds herself launching herself onto her feet suddenly. The world comes into a sharp focus as she glances around groggily. Annoyance stirs in her as she slowly realizes that she had been dreaming. Dreaming in the void again. The Roanne woman wonders if she will ever dream beyond the void that traps her each night. It swallows her each night, and each morning she wakes in a cold sweat.

Meira casts a glance over her shoulder and spots a hazy figure moving in the direction of the bonfires. She blinks a few times in an attempt to clear her eyes. Whoever is walking toward her is obscured by the darkness of night and the cloak of smoke blowing across the ground between them.

@Septimus | I'm looking forward to writing with you!

Messages In This Thread
[Fire] This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 10-25-2020, 07:21 PM
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 06:46 PM