Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fire] This Is Everything I want to Say

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

When are you really gonna believe in yourself

She hears the tinkling of the gems strewn in the man's antlers before she can make out his form. He is painted in similar earth rich tones, but his patterns do not tell their admirer that he comes from the sea. Not like the earthen waves that ripple across her slightly smaller frame. Impressive wings sweep from his form, he is a son of the skies. Meira knows that it is said that the sea and the sky have their destinies intertwined. These are old sea-lore that she does not believe. It is impossible for such a vicious and turbulent entity to be intertwined to something so smooth. Meira feels her ears flicker forward as he greets her with a smile. It seems restrained, but she cannot discern his reason for this. He asks if she is enjoying the festival, it is a common nicety offered by some. Meira feels her own smile creep across her pale features. "Hello. Enjoying as much as possible. I am still a bit tired from my journey back from Solterra. Are you enjoying the festival, ...? Meira trails off as she speaks, because he has not given her his name. This makes her realize that she has not offered hers either.

"I'm Meira." The words fall from her mouth awkwardly. Part of her wants to shrink each time she utters her name to anyone. Delumine has been kind to the sea-born daughter, for not many know of the history associated with her name. That knowledge is reserved for Denocte, and Solterra. All the ties to those courts she has severed violently. She has pried them from her very soul so that she might start anew. Meira allows her gaze to flicker to the fire for a few moments before returning to her new companion. "Are those gems bound to the boughs atop your crown for the occasion, or something you wear every day?" She asks him, her lids flickering as she swivels her head to peer at her companion once more. Meira is surprised at how forward she is towards him. She is even more surprised by the fact that she has so sorely missed normal conversation. One where she is less tempted to glance over her shoulder.

Instead, some of her worries are laid out before her. Magicians, scholars of the arcane. She finds that she cannot trust them, they are something beyond her understanding. Yet they manipulate the world to their whim. Meira pulls herself from her thoughts, though she cannot shake the anxiety swarming every inch of her bodice. She longs to stroll beside the sea. "Would you mind joining me for a walk on the beach?" The question spills from her mouth abruptly, before she can dam the chords in her throat. It might seem she is propositioning him for a date. Meira yearns for comfort, and companionship so much that she spills her words too freely. Meira peers at him, curious about what he will say. It is a wonder that she has offered any vulnerability at all. 

@Septimus | This will get better ;__; Septimus looks so huggable

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 06:46 PM