Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fire] This Is Everything I want to Say

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

When are you really gonna believe in yourself

Septimus he inserts his name in the space she has left for him when she trails off. The smile on his face is gentle, so gentle she almost belives it. There is still time for her to find the thorns in his existence. Thorns that will make her ache, and writhe, and bleed. He speaks again, informing her that he is a scholar here in Delumine. He enjoys the fires. "They are beautiful. A scholar here? What is your favourite subject to study?" The question surprises her, because normally she has no interest in getting to know others. Meira has spent so long holing herself up in her new home in Delumine that she has made no friends. Her wounds too are still raw. The wounds she has given herself when she confronted her past. When she told him he had no place in her life anymore. That was a mere week ago. He last walked across her heart then, with all his charms and lies. Meira pulls herself back to the conversation. He exchanges more pleasantries and then asks if she is from Delumine. "It's nice to meet you too, Septimus. No, I am not from Delumine. I am a recent addition to the court. I grew up in Solterra, then transitioned to Denocte before I came here. I'm a soldier here now." Meira answers him.

She wonders if he will believe that means she is a barbarian. Because she prefers the stains of blood over the stains of ink upon fresh pages. It has never captivated her in the same way that violence has. Meira wonders if she would be the same if she never met him. He still infects her every waking moment, and she yearns for a time when she can forget him. Replace him with equines who drag her worth into the depths of oblivion. He is the reason for her abyss that threatens to consume those who dare to get too close. Septimus humors her and answers that he wears the gems that are strewn in his antlers like stars in the sky. His too were gifts like the items she wore upon her own frame. Septimus surprises her by returning the question to her, and she judges this as a fair question to ask. "Yes, I wear mine all the time. They were also gifts, but perhaps a bit more bittersweet than some." Meira admits to him, there is something about him that invites her to open herself up. Slightly, because she cannot risk the pain of letting anyone else in. Not when she is still so raw from the events of her past.

Septimus agrees to join her for a walk on the beach. He comments about how the smoke is trailing here. It fills their lungs, it leaves no space for the sea inside her. Meira gives a nod in agreement before she takes a few steps toward the shoreline. She gives pause to allow him to join her, although every inch of her is screaming for her to run from him. The silence continues until she feels it is too uncomfortable. She wonders why a stranger would indulge her. How can someone be so kind? Meira casts a glance his way, her eyes lingering on the gems that hang from his antlers. Septimus is indeed handsome and had she met him at another point in her life she may have asked him to join her for a night out. "Tell me, what is Delumine like? I know only of the court's favour for knowledge, and neutrality. Sometimes it feels a bit out of place to call yourself a soldier in a court like this. I sometimes wonder if I will love it as much as I do Solterra." Meira prods him cautiously while sharing some of her worries about joining this court.

The sea is quick to greet them. She can't help herself when she sees it. As soon as her daggers fall upon the soft sands, she casts a glance toward him before she begins to run. Run, run, into the embrace of the sea. The cool water rushes up to her until it caresses her chest. Fearless the water whispers to her. She knows about the kelpies, but they do not frighten her. She was once a part of their world, and she would be again. Meira turns her gaze to Septimus, the sea acts as a balm to her internal wounds. Her smile makes an appearance as she peers at him. Meira doesn't plan to ask him to join her, but she doesn't plan to discourage him either. "I never can seem to stay away from the sea whenever I'm near." The fondness is clear in her voice as she studies him. She searches for disgust or judgment in his features.

@Septimus | I love him ;__; 

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: This Is Everything I want to Say - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 06:46 PM