Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

The steady thrum of voices drift into the night, the music is carried with the words that have grown muffled. He is too bright for the darkness. He shines and shimmers in the same way that something new does. He is so new, beautiful. Stars pool at the edges of his face. Gold protrudes from his crown. He smells like fire, and smoke. He smells like the streets of Denocte she is still so familiar with. His words bubble to the surface of his starry sea, the words are too joyous for her current mood. The sea rises inside her as she shifts to look at him. She wonders why it is all men from Denocte are so jovial, so charming. Her anger and hatred bristles in response to the way he shifts closer to her. As if she has invited him to stand beside her. As if she is out here, away from all the others because she wants company. The stars are the only company she wants this night, for even the sea cannot soothe the wounds she has again inflicted upon herself. Unlike him. He is not one of them. This man made of stars will not apply the salve she so desperately needs. Especially not if he is a man from Denocte.

She cannot love the city as much as she wishes she could. Her oceanic gaze finds his honey stained chasms. "It would be a very lonely game to play on your own. Yet, I hide from no one and seek only the solace that night can bring." She wants the kind of solace that seeps in your marrow. Until it spreads along each and every bone until you can feel it in your spine. It is something she knows that she will never get, because not even Solis can provide that to her. Not unless he can erase her past. Meira stares at him, almost as if to ask why he is disturbing her. Her irritation bristles again as she peers at him. He is everything that she is not, for the night sky is far more fathomless than the sea. Meira turns her gaze back to the fires burning in the distance. It is not enough, nothing ever is. She is too empty. Meira turns and begins to walk deeper into the darkness once more. Until the shadows fall upon her in such a way that only the glow of her eyes can be seen. "Until the dawn can provide a salve." She speaks up again as she swivels to face him.

She does not want him to see her tides. She does not want to be recognized, which is something she risks when encountering others from Denocte. Meira stares at him again. She cannot place why he rubs her the wrong way, despite being friendly enough. "What are you hiding from?" She asks from the darkness, surprised she is feeling social given the events of the night so far.

@Alecto 
I'm looking forward to this thread

Messages In This Thread
[Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Alecto - 11-03-2020, 12:10 AM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Alecto - 11-10-2020, 01:10 AM
RE: [Fire] The Shiver In my Bones - by Meira - 11-10-2020, 01:25 PM