Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Nothing Left That's Sacred

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

She does not feel an impenatrable steely gaze when she glances up yet again. He seems to regard her question adrift in a state of neutrality, or perhaps it is thoughtuflness. Her sea rushes to fill the cracks forming in her heart. It is eager, hungry to close the gaps that are breaking all that she is made of. When he speaks, it is hard to concentrate. The way his frame is so gently chiseled from marble. She wonders what god loves him so. It makes her miss the way that she believed she could feel the gaze of Solis upon her flesh when she walked the streets of Solterra. He instructs her that he is happy to show her the aisle, but that there might be very limited knowledge about anything prior to the solar deities. Aside from Tempus. Meira tilts her head in curiosity, a reaction she does not have often. She is made of wrath and hatred, not knowledge and beauty. 

"I think, even knowledge about the other deities would be fine. Truthfully, I know the most about Solis, and Caligo. I know very little about Oriens and Vespara. Perhaps even less about Tempus." She admits, but the sea has soothed her. It has provided a balm for now so that she might seek knowledge that may help her adjust to this new world she finds herself in. The man speaks again, offering to answer her questions about Delumine whether by referring her to books or from his own experiences. For a moment, his blue eyes have her stunned. She did not think that she would encounter a native of Delumine here. It is a foolish thought. The sea rescinds itself from sealing the cracks inside, and the ache in her bones begins again.

"I'm not sure where I would even start with that, truthfully. I know very little of the Delumine's court values. I am not certain even now that I will ever really fit in here." Her stark honesty pours fresh salt onto her wounds. It is her admission of her doubts of belonging here that is what stuns her the most. It shows, her face expresses the shock she feels. It is the kind of honesty that one blurts out before they can form a more appropriate response to a stranger.

It is relief that floods her when he asks if she is from Solterra and then introduces himself as Pravda. "Yes, I am from Solterra originally. I would say my heart is still there most days though. I still deeply love Solis, but I hope that I might find comfort in Oriens too. I'm Meira, one of the new soldiers here." She returns his introduction, again surprised by her own honesty.

Honesty is dangerous, so dangerous. Yet, there is something about this man that encourages her silently to open up. He is almost enough in these moments to forget the way her skin burns from the memory of his touch.

@Pravda
Finally got this up a;fjdl thank you for being patient Syn <3

Messages In This Thread
Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Pravda - 11-03-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Pravda - 11-21-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Meira - 12-26-2020, 01:18 PM