Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Make Me Feel Alone

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

His touch stains her. Every inch of her skin is hot, angry, and empty. So empty. He came to her again in the night. The lies spun from his mouth were just right. Too right. She should have known better. She did know better. Still, he gnawed on the scraps he'd been 'kind' enough to leave her. Meira feels the paths that her tears left on her face. He left on her face. Meira wants to be free from him and his lies. Her heart aches, because she cannot pry his filthy claws from its core. There is no sanctuary in all of Delumine that can cleanse the stench and filth and rot he has left behind. Each time, each time she gives in he robs her of herself. He robs her of the peace she is trying so hard to build in her life. Her anger pours from her blue chasms as her frame sweeps across the stone halls of the castle. It is early, so early. Before the dawn has a chance to kiss away the cloak of stars and dreamers. Meira moves, each step feels so heavy. Each hoof is like lead, each one drags along the stone floors. The castle is still unfamiliar to her, and she finds herself pausing at an intersection because she cannot remember which path she is meant to take.

A lantern hangs from her earth stained lips. The taste of metal on her tongue is acrid, it brings her no comfort. Not in the way that blood does when she fights for her life. When she fights for her home, and all that she loves. The silence of the castle in the early morning weighs upon her until it threatens to suffocate her. She wishes to be nothing more than a ghost. She has duties to Delumine, those of which involve patrolling the castle for intruders. The protection of the royal family is of the utmost importance to a soldier. Meira cannot help the feelings that arise in her chest, because his memory is too raw and fresh. The sea can still feel the whisper of his touch. It ebbs and flows with violence until the lantern falls at her hooves with a clang. She dissolves, dissolves until she is pressed against the shadows lining the wall. Meira feels her emotions swell, too great for any amount of soothing. She is useless in so many more ways than one. The air rushes from her lungs, the sting of the sea hits the back of her throat as her emotion pours from her. 

The silence continues to permeate the halls, as the sun begins to rise in Delumine. But she can't forget the night's past, nor the memory of him. Meira is frozen against the wall of the castle she is meant to protect. Anger rises in her throat, anger at herself because she does not believe she should be allowed to protect something so important. She can't even protect herself.

A starter for more spicy drama <3

but also some sad .-.
@Danaë

Messages In This Thread
Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 11-09-2020, 06:03 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 11-09-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 11-09-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 11-11-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 12-23-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 12-27-2020, 08:51 PM