Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Make Me Feel Alone

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

There are those who say that there is beauty in terrible things. This ghost is one such terrible thing when she arrives to gnaw on what is left of Meira. The dull roar of her voice pierces the silence. It is so soft, so much softer than the night before beside the fire. She stares at the pale woman with the crimson horn. Meira has nowhere to hide, and she can taste the sea on her lips. It tastes like home. The salt of her sorrow could fill a thousand seas, each one she could call home. Her blue chasms stare at the unicorn. They sweep from the tip of her horn to the blade of her tail. Her greeting is too casual considering their first encounter. Meira wants to sink into the sea that drips from her face. She tries to dam the rivulets and drops falling from her chin, but she cannot. It is now that she realizes why this woman promised her that she would not be allowed to live in any corner of the world if she touched her again. The weights in her stomach begin to sink deeper, deeper into the depths of her abyss. An abyss she might never have if she never met him. "So this is what you meant when you promised me I would not be allowed to live in any corner of the world if I touched you again." The empty words fall from her mouth, but each one is cracking under the pressure. The sea wants to escape her lungs, it aches for her to scream. For her to create a sea of anguish that will drown all of Novus. 

The thought that she threatened the princess of Delumine is so absurdly funny to her in these moments. The silence extends around them once again. Her guilt begins to gnaw at what little is left of her. The earth-bound sea has no composure left to offer the ghost who stares at her with those eyes. They are absent from the hate that she saw the night before. Meira thinks she understands now, for she too feels pain when others destroy that what she loves most. "Why does it have to be you?" Meira sobs, unable to stop herself. Every inch of her is crawling with regret from each and every action she took the night before. The darkness of her abyss rises up, it spills from her throat until it is nothing but silence again. She knows deep down that this is pathetic. No one will trust her ability to protect Delumine at this rate. Least of all those that she swears to protect. Vulnerable. Raw. Her emotions continue to spill, the kind that has been held behind a dam for far too long. Meira has no words to speak, she has no place to speak. She knows this without an inkling of doubt.

Dawn begins to creep slowly across their flesh. It is warm, but it is not the comfort of the sea. Instead, her flesh begins to ache as it creeps across her frame. Her frame begins to burn, salt on her fresh wounds. It pours and pours into her wounds until her lids grow dry. They ache as she rebuilds the dam before her ghost. She has never felt so weak before. Meira wants to speak, but she has no words to offer. Nothing that will mend the actions of last night, nor this bright and early morning. Her eyes sting, her lungs burn and writhe like the saplings in the fire. "Did you find the blood to sate the hunger of your forest?" The words come out in a croak, a vain attempt to try and ignore the fact that she has lost control of her emotions. I can't breathe, the sea whispers to her. So she begins to drown in the silence, and her abyss as she waits for judgment from this ghost.

<3
@Danaë

Messages In This Thread
Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 11-09-2020, 06:03 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 11-09-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 11-09-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 11-11-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 12-23-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 12-27-2020, 08:51 PM