Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Make Me Feel Alone

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

This ghost does not come in the shape of a wolf with gnashing teeth, instead, she comes with a dripping maw sated from the previous night's kill. The hunger has gone to sleep, and for now, the ghost is soft. Soft in only a way that the dead can be. In the day she can see now, much clearer that the princess is made of marble and blood. There is no hunger, nor war in her eyes this early morning that is flooded by a sea of shame. The wolf bears her teeth in a makeshift smile, though she may as well be lapping the memories that pour like blood through her veins. Meira almost misses the flower that blooms on the path at her feet. It is so simple, so beautiful. The offering does not go unnoticed by her, as her final few tears fall upon the petals that sprawl into the early morning light. 

Her thorns twitch toward the princess. There is a smile that does not meet her eyes. It is not a kindness, but a warning. There are many who might argue that a warning is a form of kindness, Meira didn't believe that was true. Not yet. Every thrum of her heart was a warning. The way he lingers on her skin is a warning, and none of these are kind. 

"No, I have not. I am not native to Delumine. Solterran by blood, and once formerly bound to Denocte. I am certain by how you say I have not yet met Isolt.. it means that I will inevitably meet them." Meira answers her, the sorrow is beginning to fade from the words that fall from her lips.

Soft. Again she is soft as she sweeps the pale flesh of her cheek against the earthen tones of Meira's face. It is a whisper, far too gentle for prying ears. When she speaks, Meira feels like she is drowning. For a moment she leans toward the unicorn who has no reason to show her any kindness. Yet, she has proven beyond a doubt that she is far better than Meira will ever be.

She is a petty, spoiled thing. The kind of thing that one leaves to rot in an alleyway until it claws its way back out and devours all who have wronged it.

"The two are not opposites. First comes the waves of sorrow, and then comes the hunger with which I devour all who have sunk their teeth into me. I stand it because I must. I live with it, or I die." For the first time her eyes soften as she pulls away from the princess slightly. The one she is meant to protect, and she feels the guilt tighten itself around her throat. "How is it, that someone so hungry and full of war can show such kindness to the undeserving? How do I begin to make up for what I have done to you?" Meira asks the ghost as she waits for a vengeful blow to come. 

So sorry for the wait on this. Thank you for being patient <3
@Danaë

Messages In This Thread
Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 11-09-2020, 06:03 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 11-09-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 11-09-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 11-11-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Meira - 12-23-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Make Me Feel Alone - by Danaë - 12-27-2020, 08:51 PM