Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - never learned nothing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm headed straight for the castle

She has never met anyone so full of wonder. So full of life. Or perhaps she has, and simply does not remember. Meira can see the tides of passion shift across her companion's face as she exlaims how lovely the festival must have been. Meira smiles, the taste is bittersweet. "Yes, it certainly was. I believe Terrastella is celebrating their fields of flowers currently. Perhaps that might be of interest to you?" Meira does not peer at the woman full of wonder as she speaks. She wants to be forgotten after their encounter. It aches too much for her to think of what it would mean to have someone to call friend. Not while the fire rages inside of her. The sound of her soft giggle is like music to her ears. 

It causes Meira to smile. A smile filled with dark shadows at the edges. The woman speaks again. She informs Meira that she is looking for all sorts of stories, not just the ones about Novus. This catches her attention for a moment. She wonders if this stranger is a traveler. One of the equines who come from far away, and decide to stay. Her question causes the earth-bound Roanne to pause a moment. "I am not sure. I never spent much time in any library. I've found myself here more often since I left Solterra, and then Denocte. I know nothing about Delumine, and yet I find myself a soldier in her army. I would presume they have something like that, but I don't know that I can answer that for you." Meira offers with a gentle roll of her shoulders.

For a moment, she casts a fleeting glance over her shoulder toward her companion. "I'm Meira, by the way." The introduction is haphazard. The words fall like stones from her lips. The sound of their hooves dancing across the cool, smooth stone fills the air for a few moments as they carry on. Meira is taken by surprise by how thankful the stranger is, and the roaring sea quiets. This is a position she has never been in before. Truthfully, I am too. I think I might be more so if I hadn't gotten help from a scholar a few days ago. I suppose that means we can be overwhelmed together. Two strangers in an unfamiliar library." It is her turn to offer a gentle laugh. Meira realizes how long it has been since the wrinkles at the edge of her mouth have smoothed out. Since she has really laughed or enjoyed the company of another.

Yet, there is still doubt. It is an insidious, creeping thing. 

@Willoughby 

Messages In This Thread
never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-27-2020, 12:28 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-27-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-27-2020, 03:25 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 07:17 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 07:53 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 01-07-2021, 10:48 AM