Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - never learned nothing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm headed straight for the castle

The woman gushes about the meaning of her name. It is undeniable how bright and optimisitc this stranger is. Meira wishes she could agree with her. Wishes that she too could see such beauty in the simplest of things. If Willoughby knew what Meira once was, she was certain that her companion would not find that name so beautiful. Once a Roanne always a Roanne. Meira knows she can only hide that fact or so long, because one day she will join them. One day she will belong to a stronghold, right here in Delumine. Meira chooses not to say anything in response to the compliment this time, instead she just offers her companion a small smile. She can't bring herself to thank the woman for her kindness, not yet. They move, and for a moment Meira hears only the steady sound of their breaths. The sound of their hooves upon the well-worn, and well-loved stone floor. The woman speaks again.

She points out that Meira has come back to the library. The words are gentle, but they still point out the contradiction of her interests and actions. Meira isn't offended, but she can appreciate Willoughby trying to stem the swell of emotion that might sweep away others. Some days she thinks she is as empty as him. That she can feel so unaffected by being challenged, even gently. Or perhaps she has grown. Grown far beyond his reach. Willoughby suggests that Meira may have found some sort of beauty, and that has urged her to return. She thinks then of Pravda. He is the only beauty she thinks she has found here. Pravda, she recalls, looks as though he is carved from the finest marble. His eyes are like the sea. But it is not beauty she has come to find, it is the hope that she can learn enough to fit in. Meira desperately wants to love Delumine as her home.

"I might have found beauty here, but it is not the kind I think you are thinking of. I do not find beauty in why I come back. It feels as though all of Novus is on fire, and I am unable to reach the other side. So I am stuck here. Stuck even though it is a choice I have made because I am far more afraid of the flames closing in on me. I want to call Delumine home because there is nowhere else in all of Novus that I can go." Meira admits. The words surprise her, and she keeps them soft. So quiet so that Oriens may not hear her. Willoughby shares that she is a scholar, or at least what Meira would define as such. Yet, she seems more interested in entertainment than in knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Meira listens, she remains quiet because she is not sure what she can say. The woman transitions again and suggests that Meira looks at some scrolls about battle, and tactics. The earth-bound sea pauses a moment because she has never considered doing that. "I hadn't thought of that." Another admission that escapes her lips without her control. Her companion provides a balm so that she might recover some of her composure. Meira listens as Willoughby describes her nomadic lifestyle before Novus. Traveling with a teacher, until she decided she wanted to stay here. Willoughby shares that she has not found a reason to choose one court yet. Meira wonders if she does suggest Delumine, if Willoughby would stay. If she would light up the lives of others the way she has for Meira.

A squeal escapes the pastel woman as she rushes to the old tomes filled with stories written by long dead and forgotten authors. Meira offers another quiet smile to the woman. "Of course. I hope you'll stay in Delumine awhile, Willoughby. Perhaps you can find a reason to join us. I think I'd like to have a friend so bright, with an abundance of warmth and optimism." Meira speaks, and she nearly startles at her own stark honesty. The Delumine soldier hovers at the end of the aisle and peers at Willoughby, she does not dare to draw any closer. She thinks that she might take her leave soon, so that she can learn what it means to belong to Delumine. "I think, it is time I go and continue to try and understand my place here. I won't be too far away if you need me though." She offers her companion. Meira will only stay if Willoughby asks her to.

@Willoughby 
you could post again and we can close this one out and move on to another! if that works for you?

Messages In This Thread
never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-27-2020, 12:28 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-27-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-27-2020, 03:25 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 07:17 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 07:53 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 01-07-2021, 10:48 AM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 01-07-2021, 09:53 AM