Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - strange shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Would you crumble if I whispered to you like the wind

The chime of her bells sounds again as she moves. They dance against her flesh and the rivers of hair. Meira notices that she can see the markings upon her face. She finds herself sweeping her gaze upwards to the antlers that sit atop the woman's crown. These too are strewn with bells, as though they were stars woven between the boney boughs. She breathes a hello, and Meira can feel the sea's approval. It is strange the way it rushes around her, around them. Meira remains quiet, the silence is broken only by the shriek of the gull. The warm summer sun is beating down upon their backs. It beats down upon the seashell strewn beach. Meira thinks that this must be what scholars mean when they say something is 'idyllic.' If she were not so freshly torn open, she might have enjoyed the way the waves kissed the sands. She might have felt the relief as the sun exhaled against her skin, during the salt in place on her pelt. They ask her if she agrees that it is a beautiful day. "Yes. I might be biased though, the sea is always beautiful to me. Any time I get to hear the way she whispers to the sands of the shore. It's like living poetry." Meira sighs, her passion pouring out of her.

A silence extends between them, but it is not awkward. Meira has not felt the sting of rejection from this stranger, and she is grateful for this. Perhaps her suffering can be eased if she reaches from outside herself. Solis must love her enough to provide life rope to her. Something that she might pull herself ashore with. Even if she loves the sea, she knows how dangerous it can be. Whether it is emotional or physical, the danger is always the same. Her companion speaks again, prying Meira from her thoughts when she asks about the jewelry she wars. Meira peers up toward the spiral caps atop her horns. They are such an integral part of her that she sometimes forgets she wears them at all. Her bewildered expression soon fades and she pauses.

"They are an heirloom. My mother gave them to me." She answers the mare almost thoughtfully. Meira's speaks in a more guarded fashion, it is a subtle change. She finds herself peering at the bells once more. "What about you? What do your bells mean for you?" She asks a similar question to her companion before she realizes they have not introduced themselves.

"I'm Meira, by the way." She tries her best to offer the woman a friendly smile. She hopes that it is not as awkward as she is starting to feel again.

@Torielle

Messages In This Thread
strange shadows - by Torielle - 12-30-2020, 10:12 AM
RE: strange shadows - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Torielle - 01-08-2021, 10:40 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Meira - 01-08-2021, 11:06 PM
RE: strange shadows - by Torielle - 01-08-2021, 11:36 PM