Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - There's No Looking Up For Heaven

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?"

It seemed that Ulric shared his sentiments in allowing Rostislav and Damaris to remain in their company. It was a good choice, a sound choice, for denying a member of the Night Court to share in their moment may prove to be a poor diplomatic choice. No, Somnus was well rehearsed in maintaining Court relations; it had, after all, been his job in Vhallen, as advisor to the King. There was no denying, however, the fluttering feeling of relief that Ulric also desired some time alone later, to catch up, to discuss the lives that they had lived since splitting ways, and perhaps, learn more about one another than their briefly allotted freedom in Vhallen had provided.

His inquiry, as to why a member of the Night Court had come into Delumine, was so simple that it wrought a warm chuckle from the tactician's maw, sharp emerald eyes glittering as he glanced the robust draft's way. "Indeed." He answered, his tone jovial and light. "Then I am glad that your exploration has brought you on this particular path, if only to join in our company."

Eloquence was an art form, and one that Somnus handled with considerable poise and perfection. As Rostislav began the trek out of the forest, Somnus fell into step with him, ensuring that Ulric was following with a glance over his shoulder before allowing himself to relax. The stallion's wings drooped ever so slightly, releasing pent up tension, feathers brushing against pale flaxen sides, and even rubbing against Ulric's own feathered appendage whenever their gait matched in perfect tandem. Damaris was skulking about, seeming entirely fixated by the sights and smells which surrounded them, and like her traveling companion, the gilded hybrid offered her a cursory once over. Before he could ask another question of his own in regards to the black canine, however, Rostislav asked one of his own, and a golden ear flicked forward at attention.

"Ah, well..." Hmm. It was a simple question, but one that had a myriad, complex answer. At least partially. "I hail from humble beginnings, I'm afraid, but I last resided in the Kingdom of Vhallen. I came to Novus, to Delumine, to settle down once more and put my skills and insight to use. I am not content to simply sit idly, and there is plenty for me to keep myself busy with here." Somnus did not intend to go into much more detail than that. Some of the details were painful, and better left hidden away in such recently made company. Finally, after his answer, Somnus gave in to his insatiable curiosity and with a glance in Damaris' direction, inquired to Rostislav's knowledge.

"... I don't believe that I've ever encountered a creature quite like Damaris in all of my years. Forgive my forwardness, Rostislav, but what is she?" As a man of knowledge, Somnus simply needed to know these things, and he hoped that the Night Court herald would not be offended by his curious audit.

@Ulric @Rostislav

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-14-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-15-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Somnus - 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-17-2017, 08:10 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-18-2017, 08:55 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Somnus - 08-19-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-20-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Rostislav - 08-20-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Somnus - 08-24-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: There's No Looking Up For Heaven - by Ulric - 08-24-2017, 09:06 PM