Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i'll be okay, i promise

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

”She’s fucking impetuous and daring,
A little too bold
And way too fucking fearless”

Israfel knew that she needed to get out more. Solaris constantly hounded her to do so, the beautiful Phoenix demanding her chosen child to uproot herself and leave Terrastella behind, if only for a short time.

Her life was becoming stagnant and lackluster. It was quiet, and far from in the ways that she enjoyed them to be. Despite serving the Dusk Court as its Regent, the Sun Daughter could not help but feel as though such a title wasn’t befitting someone like her.

Second in command, only to the King or Queen? An important, powerful position, certainly, but not one that Israfel found fulfilling. She wanted more, needed more, but as of that evening as she strolled the rolling grasses of the prairie, what that something was completely escaped her.

The life of a soldier had not satisfied her save for the adrenaline high from a good brawl, nor serving as a Warden. Motherhood had left her wanting with such a wayward daughter, and becoming Regent seasons ago had been promising… And yet even that could not fulfill the yearning fire that burned hot within her breast.

’It will come,’ Solaris had promised, but with every promise that the Phoenix crooned, Israfel found her doubt growing.

The Sun Daughter had lived two lifetimes. Her first had been tragically cut short and her death had been a long one, but this life left her unsatisfied. Surely there had to be more to life than this terrible feeling of dissatisfaction, of back alley brawls and the clinking of half-drank whiskey bottles?

An ear tipped back in annoyance and Israfel slowed her pace. Simply because she could, the ivory maiden extended gilded wings to trail them over the tops of the prairie grasses, feeling the way the blades and nettles tickled the underside of her wings. The night was remarkably cool despite the blistering hot summer season, and it did feel rather nice to get away from the domestic bliss that was Terrastella…

But she wasn’t alone.

Israfel paused with her wings extended, a brow half-cocked with a lackluster expression. There, just ahead, was a mottled, winged individual reclining in the tall grasses beneath a copse of trees. They seemed to be admiring the stars above, and unbidden, the Regent of Terrastella lifted her brilliant vermilion eyes to also stare at the heavens. The stars were pretty, their glittering lights reassuring… But she was quick to look away, for they reminded her of her half-brother, Mesec.

Daring another step closer at the same time that Solaris came to roost upon the ivory maiden’s croup, Israfel cleared her throat and spoke.

“They’re pretty damn nice to look at, huh?”

"Speaking."

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
i'll be okay, i promise - by Willoughby - 01-08-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: i'll be okay, i promise - by Israfel - 01-08-2021, 09:06 PM
RE: i'll be okay, i promise - by Willoughby - 01-08-2021, 09:56 PM
RE: i'll be okay, i promise - by Willoughby - 01-08-2021, 10:42 PM
RE: i'll be okay, i promise - by Israfel - 01-08-2021, 10:22 PM