Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Broke down and put myself back together again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 4
Signos: 10
Night Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  15 [Year 495 Fall]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

If it hadn't been for the clacking of the rocks flying down to the beach she might have stood there absorbed in her own thoughts forever. Instead the golden mare jumps, startled, turns to see where the sound's come from, and feels her heart jump into her throat. Io's silent in shock as she stares up at Luvena, she can feel her mouth open and close while she tries to find words to say but nothing comes out. Until something croaks out of her tight throat, something Io can't stop from slipping past her lips. "You can't be real." Taking a step back she snorts and her ears tip back slightly while her face hardens. It's fake, it's magic. She's so sure that this Luvena is a trick of her imagination from the cold or that the world is playing tricks on her. Yet at the same time she wants to run towards them, hug them, and cry, they look so real that it makes her chest ache at the thought.

Even if it's a fake Luvena she can't deny that the accuracy tears at her, it makes her chest burn in anger and pain. The emotional response is so deep, so lightning quick that before Io can register it she's crying and pained yelling at the figure. "You aren't real! You can't be real!" It starts off quiet before it ends in a loud scream of pain with her eyes clenched tight and tears dripping from her face. "This is a cruel joke, this isn't fair. You can't be real because everyone is gone I- I already accepted that no one is left so you can't be real." There it was, a truth that even Io didn't fully realize until then; that she'd quietly given up hope of finding anyone from her home. She'd resigned herself to the fate of walking alone without anyone from Elysium with her. She had simply accepted that she'd never find them again, she'd been lucky a few times in Caeleste of course but deep down she'd stopped hoping to find everyone. This realization comes with deep breaths as she stares at the ''fake'' Luvena and Io wants to crumple down onto the ground and sob to the God's to give her everything back. She wants to demand that they bring it all back from before the fire, that they restore what they let fall apart.

Taking deep breaths the golden mare takes a few steps forward on instinct and then stops directly below her, a sigh coming from her when she wipes her face on her chest and legs to rid it of the tears. With a small laugh Io can't stop her words from tumbling out "Even if you are a fake you're still Luvena aren't you? And maybe...Maybe that's okay because at least you're here right?" She gives her a sad smile and sniffles before continuing on her little talk, still thinking Luvena is just a figment of her imagination, "Oh god Lu, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything, for leaving you with Crucis, for not getting up like you told me to in the woods. I'm so sorry I couldn't get up for you, but I listened didn't I? I didn't leave before you did, at least I tried not to." She can't stop herself from remembering the last time she saw her sister, crying on her shoulder and begging her not to let her heart give out while Acrux came to usher her into the sky. Sniffling she closes the gap between them and tries to reach out to her imaginary Luvena. "I wish I could tell you I'm sorry, and everything that's happened. I miss my sister, I miss you Lu."

"Talk."
IO'S NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Chandrakant

Tags » @Luvena
Voice » Liv Tyler as Arwen
OOC » <3 a mad and sad baby

io kairavi
I am nothing without pretend
I know my thoughts, can't live with them
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Io's moon marking is on her left hip only and her burn scar on her right shoulder
I sing in Greek and I pray in Latin,
I ache in a language so old that even the earth no longer remembers; 
so dead that it has returned to dust.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broke down and put myself back together again - by Io Kairavi - 10-10-2021, 12:16 PM