Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Broke down and put myself back together again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 4
Signos: 10
Night Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  15 [Year 495 Fall]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

She falters when Luvena's ears flatten, then she speaks and Io freezes before a weight drops onto her shoulders. The realization that she's been screaming at the real life Luvena settles into her chest and her ears tip back in uncertainty. Was this really happening? Was she really screaming at the painted mare like she was a phantom? Anxiety begins to settle into her chest when she registers the words that had come out in a harsh rasp. ''Dead.'' Io doesn't know what to say to it, she can't find any words to say in response. Does she apologize? Is she supposed to explain what happened? Where does she even begin, how does she even start to tell Luvena that it was a miracle that got her out of Elysium. How, how can she tell her that immortality from the God's had made her heart weaker?  

Io can feel her anxiety burning up in her chest and she wants to run, she doesn't want to face this. Not now, not after Ithilien, not after having to give up Riddles. Again. But that, giving him up, she can justify that can't she? She's saving him from whatever wreckage she leaves in her wake, keeping her own damage away from him. That's what she's doing right? That's what she's always tried doing isn't it? Closing her eyes she takes a step back, a deep need to run away from this bubbling in her. In the back of her mind though she knows that it's a cowardly move and that she can't run forever, she needs to face this at some point. And if that's now with Luvena confronting her then so be it. "I know, I'm sorry. It's...it's complicated." Ears tipping further back, almost flattened in shame as she looks at the ground, averting Luvena's eyes. "I did what I thought was right when I came back. I...I wasn't well Lu and I thought it was better for everyone if I wasn't there." Her voice is quiet, a hint of shame mingled with the sadness that coats the words.

"Please, I don't want this. Not now, I'm sorry right now I can't offer you a better reason for leaving." A coward. That's what she was right now, wanting to run away and to hide behind rose tinted glasses. "I never meant to hurt anyone Lu, I really didn't. I thought I was doing the right thing." Ears are still tipped back when her gold eyes finally try to meet Luvena's, she can't hide the mixed emotions of shame and pain in her eyes.

"Talk."
IO'S NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Chandrakant

Tags » @Luvena
Voice » Liv Tyler as Arwen
OOC » <3

io kairavi
I am nothing without pretend
I know my thoughts, can't live with them
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Io's moon marking is on her left hip only and her burn scar on her right shoulder
I sing in Greek and I pray in Latin,
I ache in a language so old that even the earth no longer remembers; 
so dead that it has returned to dust.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broke down and put myself back together again - by Io Kairavi - 10-19-2021, 06:31 PM