Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Broke down and put myself back together again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 4
Signos: 10
Night Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  15 [Year 495 Fall]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

Stone was facing her, at least until she took a step back and Luvena reacted by jerking her head and Io was sure she'd never felt as cold as she did now. It stings when the shorter mare lays it out bare for her, she doesn't have to finish her words for the golden mare to know what she'd done. Oberon had thrown it in her face once before and she'd only repeated that mistake in Caeleste when she'd failed Ciaran and Hemanta. Her ears flatten down in a mingle of shame and sorrow, the left one jingling slightly while the jewelry buries itself in her mane.

"You don't have to tell me what I did, Oberon and my children already did. All I can say is that I'm sorry and I thought I was doing the best thing I could." Io wants to comfort her but she doesn't move towards Luvena, instead she stays in her spot and let the words fall down on her. That is until she hears that the smaller of the two had ended up in the wastes, dying from her own failures, and only stood there by the kindness of a God. "How...How did you end up the wastes? What happened? Oh God what did I start in Crucis?" She can't undo any of it but there's still an urgency in her voice, a thrumming in her veins like she can fix it still.

Her urgent questions turn into shock as Luvena embraces her, burying herself in the golden mare's neck while the smaller sobbed into it. The words almost slip past her while Io braces herself against the impact, light as the impact was it still pushes her back a bit. When the words process they pierce her, stinging her deep while her own tears begin to streak down her face silently. Oh God Lu I'm so sorry, I really thought I was doing the right thing." She can't stop herself from pulling Luvena in closer, careful not to hurt the smaller mare with her necklace while she wraps her neck around her and hushes her. "Shhh it's okay, I'm here now and I won't leave this time. I promise I won't. I'll explain everything when I can, please just trust me that I can't right now." Closing her golden eyes she holds her close, tight enough to keep her standing but not hurt her. "It's okay, I won't leave again. I promise. I'm here." It's a whisper but it's firm enough that, despite the comforting tone she's put in it, it's a declaration.

"No matter what. I am here, I will be here." Io lifts her head to look down at the other sobbing mare and she gives a mildly amused snort at the sight. "I'm sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but I just thought. Isn't this the same way we met? Rocky lands and me catching you-" A small wisp of a smile plays on her lips before her flattened ears prick forward. "-I guess some things don't change, we've always caught each other yeah?" Sighing softly with a sniffle as she suppresses her tears Io carefully moves just the slightest to the side, offering more support. "Here, lean on me Lu and we can go somewhere with stable grounds. We...We have a lot to talk about I think." She's unsure if Luvena will actually take the offer of support and agree to go to a more stable area, she's not even sure if she'll ever forgive her and that idea hurts. It hurts like hell, it's a familiar pain she's suffered more than once and now Io's beginning to wonder if she's cursed with one heart break after another. She's gone from romantic heart breaks to familial to platonic, how many more will she have to suffer? And can she fix this one? Can she find some way to soothe this pain for the both of them?

"Talk."
IO'S NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Chandrakant

Tags » @Luvena
Voice » Liv Tyler as Arwen
OOC » <3

io kairavi
“The blood of the covenant is 
thicker than the water of the womb.”
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Io's moon marking is on her left hip only and her burn scar on her right shoulder
I sing in Greek and I pray in Latin,
I ache in a language so old that even the earth no longer remembers; 
so dead that it has returned to dust.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broke down and put myself back together again - by Io Kairavi - 10-20-2021, 01:21 AM