Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Broke down and put myself back together again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

Her mind was a whirlwind, everything at once tumbling around over and over again. She wanted Israfel by her side, pulling Lu into her wings. Or caelum to reassure her with a cadence she’d been used to since childhood. She wished she were comforted by Io’s presence, at one time she would have been but now… now it unsettled her to the core.  

She’s brought back by Io’s question. “Two” she murmured. “I used the wish you gave me to have one of my own. It doesn’t matter now, you won’t ever meet them. They’re long gone” She’d only had a year with Eremurus, only two with Liatris.  She’d hardly even seen them grow up. She’d never get to see Eremurus fly with those wings of his, or watch Liatris become the explorer he’d always wanted to be.  She remembered the way he used to trot after Kodarki like a lost puppy, how the man had let him because he knew lu was probably off laying somewhere too tired to move. 

She could only stare at Io blankly as she spoke, unable to process what she was saying. That she didn’t think what Etain had done was wrong, or cruel. She couldn’t find the words as they walked together towards a flatter outcropping, she stopped answering the other woman, chewing her lip. “No. I didn’t”  She pulled away all at once, shaking, and took a step back.

She peered at the woman with turquoise eyes. “You don’t even care?” she questioned. “After all everyone in crucis went through, after surviving a fire, and Vanders slaughter, Samiels… You don’t care that she cast us out?” Her voice was even. Soft and as delicate as always, she didn’t raise it above the wind, she wouldn’t yell. She wasn't even angry, it was sorrow that coursed through her. “Who are you?” The question came out aching with sadness. “You aren’t the woman I befriended. And you certainly aren’t my sister” 

She took another few steps back, unsteady. “I don’t care what court you go to, or what you do here. But don’t… I don’t want anything to do with you Io, not anymore.” She turned around, walking back towards Denocte. She didn’t look back, she refused to, but tears poured down her face as she walked. 

@Io Kairavi
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broke down and put myself back together again - by Luvena - 10-21-2021, 04:10 PM