Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - scars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 780
Vagabond Citizen
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 499 Fall]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 18  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

He knows he shouldn't have opened his mouth , shouldn't have said the first word about loneliness , but it's something that he's grown used to . Grown entirely accustomed to . It's simply ... how it is . Being immortal for thousands of years , he had learned to deal with it , and that it simply came with the divine curse that the deities had bestowed upon him as they laughed from on high , peering down from their clouds and ivory towers . He doesn't really know why it's so easy to talk to her about these things , to open up , when he's been nothing short of a locked fortress for centuries at this point . " I've lived a lot longer than there have been generations in these lands , and other lands , " he admits in a low tone , ears falling back a moment as he blinks in surprise at her offer , a low chuckle seeping from his throat . " Your offer is kind , but I do not want to simply appear in your home , and frighten all that live there . I belong to no court in particular at this time , and I think my looks would scare quite a few . "

Again , another lick with a thick forked tongue over drying lips at her words as he ponders , looking thoughtful more than anything when she asks him . He shouldn't reveal anything to her , shouldn't tell her anything at all . Why should he spill out what has happened to him to a stranger ? Why does he feel the need to , why is he so comfortable around her ? " Yes , I am one of them . I've had many things happen , and I've simply grown accustomed to them . " Because it was all he could do . One could only suffer losses so many times before the numbness settled in . Too many deaths , too many heartbreaks . He's grown weary of them and the world . Funny , how just now he's lost his immortality , and finds that he doesn't care either way if he's still around or not . He doubts this new mortality will last . In some way or another , the gods will notice , and he will be cursed once more .

All four ears flick forward toward her to listen , tilting his head just slightly , his wings all tucking in close as he hears her chuckle . Soft on the wind , gentle . Someone like her shouldn't be out here . The world is cruel and cold and the gods could always strike without warning , and he doesn't want to see someone like her taken away . She reminds him too much of another soft mare that had softened his edges a long time ago , one that had been sucked away from him , taken away in the lands as they raged in fires and earthquakes , as they fell apart and turned to naught but ash before his very eyes . As he watched it all be taken away . " Being this tall isn't all fun and games . Imagine walking into a doorway . It can be difficult sometimes . They aren't built for the likes of me . " He refuses to let his thoughts cloud the conversation , instead going with the more lighthearted path , chuckling a little as he draws up a mental image of himself attempting to fit through an archway . He's tried recently , and it didn't work too well in his favor .

Sharpened teeth bring themselves into a smile at the way she responds , how she grows a little irritated at the way he words himself a nightmare . However , she cannot see , therefore , she does not judge . Many that have seen him on first glance have locked up in fright and simply turned away and walked in the other direction . This is the most he's talked to near ... well . Anyone , in a very long time . It's almost refreshing as it is baffling . " We are more than how we look , but many do not think that . " He hums it in response against her cheek , drawing his head back just a little , to let her feel her way across his face . Multiple eyes close where she touches , reopening as she passes them by , moving too his ears . He doesn't move , allowing her to touch and roam , to map out his features , even lowering his head more as well as he can , even feeling her reach his wings before she draws away , coming back to bump his cheek with her nose. He blinks in surprise at that , not pulling away , only laughing soft and low at her conclusion .

" You feel how I have my extra features , but you do not see the other things that I have . The sharp golden teeth , the forked tongue . The see through skin on my face and legs and chest , and golden bones there , the black eyes with golden irises , the glowing gold crown of light .. the draconic tail , the cloven hooves . The cracked golden veins on my wings , all on a black body . " He turns his head toward her , gently pressing his nose to hers , assuring her that his nose is very much there , despite admitting having a skull that is seen . " They see me and simply see what looks like a god , and they go the other way . But it has been that way for thousands of years , Elain . You are the first that I have talked to in a very long time . I .. have been like this for as long as I can remember , since the gods made me this way . But you , you are the first to talk to me and not judge me , all because you cannot see me . The world is a cruel place sometimes , but you ... my dear , have given me a spark of hope , that there is something that could be good in it again . I've seen far too many things go wrong , but you have shown me that perhaps not all of it is that bad ." A deep breath , and he closes his eyes a moment , sighing gently . " Thank you . "

@Elain

Messages In This Thread
scars - by Reliquary - 11-03-2021, 09:00 AM
RE: scars - by Elain - 11-05-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: scars - by Reliquary - 11-07-2021, 08:33 AM
RE: scars - by Elain - 11-08-2021, 01:06 AM
RE: scars - by Reliquary - 11-08-2021, 04:50 AM
RE: scars - by Elain - 11-26-2021, 02:53 AM
RE: scars - by Reliquary - 11-28-2021, 10:35 PM
RE: scars - by Elain - 11-30-2021, 05:55 AM
RE: scars - by Reliquary - 12-04-2021, 03:59 AM
RE: scars - by Elain - 12-18-2021, 12:14 PM