Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - man of war, woman of sand

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Maxence VS Avdotya

@Maxence - Total: 75/100

• Attacks 50/65

• 23/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail).
      • 1st post: Introductary post, and not judged.
      • 2nd post: I thought it was creative, how he used his wings to beat sand and dirt at his opponent in an attempt to give himself a little bit of time (POCKET SAND!!). Utilizing his whip at this moment was also a good idea!
      • 3rd post: I do like how he tried to literally stomp her out; def kinda cruel to attempt to do to his Regent, but hey, what's game is game ;)

• 16/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 2nd post: I do feel like to get a really good crack in, it might take more than a second or two to ready and pull back the whip. A half-hearted crack might just whip her, versus actually having the momentum (and length) to wrap around her ankle.
      • 3rd post: Very natural and realistic response. She did make a very low-lying kick, so a natural response would be to attempt to kick back to such a prone target. Almost like stomping on a snake in the grass that just tried to bite you. Poor Av!

• 11/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 2nd post: A few sentences that read oddly, otherwise good spelling and grammar.
      • 3rd post: Very fluid, good sentence structure.

• Blocks 25/35

• 14/15 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 2nd post: No official blocks used.
      • 3rd post: I thought it was very interesting to use an attack as a block!

• 7/15 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 2nd post: No official blocks used, but I do feel that it would be a little odd for Max to take the whack to the back of the knee and use that to spin away from Avdotya. Your knee buckling unexpectedly like that is a very hard and sudden drop to recover from, which is why its such a useful tactic.
      • 3rd post: Seemed like a natural, realistic option to use an attack for a block.

• 4/5 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 2nd post: No official blocks used.
      • 3rd post: Very fluid, good sentence structure.

@Avdotya - Total: 73/100

• Attacks 49/65 

• 23/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: Very creative, to use the butt of her spear versus the blade, to attempt to buckle her opponent early on!
      • 2nd post: An interesting way to recover from Max's whip!
      • 3rd post: No attacks.

• 10/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: I liked how her initial reaction was to go for the back of the knee, an obvious weakpoint (aside from the heel) that could easily cripple an opponent and make them more vulnerable further into the battle. Realistic choice from the warrior woman :)
      • 2nd post: I was a little confused on how well using the whip for added momentum would work, and to be honest I'm still really unsure! While if the whip was anchored to something significantly heavier or larger, that had an incredibly strong grip, it might work.. but I feel Avdotya putting the backwards pressure by yanking her caught leg towards her might just yank Max's head forward. I don't think it would give her enough momentum to help fling her further forward. Also a little unsure how strong a kick would be, considering her front end was firmly planted into the ground and very low-lying.

• 11/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: Very good; a few errors here and there.
      • 2nd post: A few run on sentences that read oddly.

• Blocks 29/35

• 14/15 will be based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail) 
        1st post: No blocks in first post.
      • 2nd post: No blocks in second post.
      • 3rd post: I'm quite glad you saved your block for this attack, because having to take this hit would have been brutal and crippling (like Av was griping about!). Def liked how you used her magic defensively.

• 12/15 will be based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: No blocks in first post.
      • 3rd post: Was a little bit confused on how well she would be able to use her spear to pull her forward, but I can kinda picture it in my head!

• 3/5 will be based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: No blocks in first post.
      • 3rd post: Very good, a few errors here and there. Otherwise, good sentence structure.

the novus crew

the someday crew

Messages In This Thread
man of war, woman of sand - by Maxence - 08-23-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by Avdotya - 08-26-2017, 11:44 PM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by Maxence - 08-30-2017, 02:15 AM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by Avdotya - 08-30-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by Maxence - 08-31-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by Avdotya - 09-02-2017, 01:50 PM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by inkbone - 09-05-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by inkbone - 10-01-2017, 03:11 AM
RE: man of war, woman of sand - by sid - 10-03-2017, 05:50 PM