Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - a handshake would have been enough

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Finnian VS Arion

Please be aware, due to Arion participating in a previous battle less than 2 weeks before the beginning of this one, he is not eligible to receive any experience or signos rewards! 
Finnian is still eligible for any experience and signos rewards.

@Finnian - Total: 74/100

• Attacks 51/65

• 16/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail).
      • 1st post: Introductary post; no attacks. But I really liked the idea of how un-impressed Finnian was with Novus' battle grounds! :')
      • 2nd post: Bucks are a staple with equine battles, obviously, but they never get old. I'd definitely be concerned (in my own opinion) that he gets put in a very awkward and potentially bad position based upon his physical positioning, but that's unavoidable!
      • 3rd post: I was very much hoping to see you bring Finnian's horns into play! Glad you did!
      • 4th post: --

• 24/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 1st post: Introductary post; no attacks.
      • 2nd post: I really do like how fluidly the progression was from his maneuvering, to his attack. It flowed well, and made sense!
      • 3rd post: I liked how you mentioned the length of his horns, how it correlated to the distance between the two, and how Finnian was very aware/conscious of exactly how much damage he would attempt to inflict.

• 11/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: Introductary post; no attacks. Very good writing metrics regardless!
      • 2nd post: A few small errors, but otherwise good!
      • 3rd post: A few very minor errors. Good sentence structure.

• Blocks 23/35

• 10/15 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: Introductary post; no blocks. But I really liked the idea of how un-impressed Finnian was with Novus' battle grounds! :')
      • 2nd post: Very creative! I like how he didn't full-on block, but still partially avoided the main brunt of the attack.
      • 3rd post: Technically you used a block to avoid Finnian tripping, although I would have liked to see it done more creatively than just dropping his feet.
      • 4th post: Since Arion ended his last post with an attack, it would be natural to expect another post from Finnian (although there wasn't). However, since the battle guidelines say 3 posts from each fighter, you cannot be faulted for this. This has brought to light an issue with the battle guidelines that will be discussed amongst the staff.

• 9/15 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 1st post: Introductary post; no blocks.
      • 2nd post: I was a little confused (at first) about how Finnian reacted to Arion's charge, but ended up being able to imagine it very well in my head. Just took me a little bit; very interesting use of manueverability. I'd definitely be concerned that Arion could still make a hard jab at his ribs/hind end, especially in such an unaware position!
      • 3rd post: It might be quite hard for Finnian to see exactly where his hooves were falling, given his positioning and the momentum going on.
      • 4th post: Since Arion ended his last post with an attack, it would be natural to expect another post from Finnian (although there wasn't). However, since the battle guidelines say 3 posts from each fighter, you cannot be faulted for this. This has brought to light an issue with the battle guidelines that will be discussed amongst the staff.

• 4/5 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: Introductary post; no blocks. Very good writing metrics regardless!
      • 2nd post: A few small errors, but otherwise very good!
      • 3rd post: A few very minor errors. Good sentence structure.

@Arion - Total: 40/100

• Attacks 26/65 

• 12/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: Love the introductary post! A lot of detail about surroundings, all very eloquently worded. While not a 'unique' way to start a spar, it was the most logical given the situation and positioning.
      • 2nd post: No direct attacks in 2nd post.
      • 3rd post: Not particularly creative in nature, but still a good staple, using Arion's larger weight to attempt to topple Finnian.

• 4/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: My only concern with tusks (long ones in particular) is the length often becomes the downfall. Catch them on your target harder than expected, and you're going to get whiplash!
      • 3rd post: This was the most unrealistic post, in my opinion, because Arion seems to have completely forgotten about how Finnian tried to swipe his horns at him. Finnian's attack surely would have affected how Arion positioned himself.

• 10/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: A few run on or very long sentences, but good use of other writing metrics. Good grammar and vocabulary.
      • 3rd post: A few run-on sentences that read oddly, but otherwise good.

• Blocks 14/35

• 5/15 will be based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail) 
        1st post: No blocks in the first post.
      • 2nd post: This takes the cake for one of the most creative blocks I've seen during a battle! Using Finnian's own dodge to unwittingly aid him in avoiding Finnian's next attack was fluid and beautifully executed.
      • 3rd post: No 'official' blocks were used in this post, however you did completely ignore Finnian's attempted swipe with his horns. Unfortunately, if you have no blocks left, you need to take damage in some form - and because Finnian's attack (and Arion's response to it) was never even mentioned in your last post, that counts heavily against your total.

• 5/15 will be based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: No blocks in the first post.
      • 2nd post: Like I echoed in creativity, this was an incredibly creative block; fluid, easy to imagine, and followed the laws of physics very well. Well done!
      • 3rd post: No 'official' blocks were used in this post, however you did completely ignore Finnian's attempted swipe with his horns. Unfortunately, if you have no blocks left, you need to take damage in some form - and because Finnian's attack (and Arion's response to it) was never even mentioned in your last post, that counts heavily against your total.

• 4/5 will be based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: No blocks in the first post.
      • 2nd post: Lovely vocabulary, and very good writing metrics. I did not see any errors in this post.
      • 3rd post: A few run-on sentences that read oddly, but otherwise good.

the novus crew

the someday crew

Messages In This Thread
a handshake would have been enough - by Finnian - 08-27-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by Arion - 08-27-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by Finnian - 08-29-2017, 06:06 AM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by Arion - 09-01-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by Finnian - 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by Arion - 09-04-2017, 02:16 PM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by inkbone - 10-01-2017, 02:27 AM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by sid - 10-03-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: a handshake would have been enough - by sid - 10-03-2017, 03:01 PM