Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Only a memory...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

Our old home made sure to take everything from me before I was pushed out.

Florentine stops moving to better look over Only again. The boy’s next comment about her, the one that fades into nothing, is forgotten, left to keep its place, away from her and protected within his mind. She does not care to delve, nor pry, whatever this boy thinks of her - what anyone thinks of her has never been of concern to the caramel girl. Or at least not until recently… until hearts began to break despite she had no idea how they came to love in the first place…

Amethyst eyes trickle over his skin, again. The sun tries, oh how the sun tries, to catch the metallic sheen of his golden mane, his golden feet. Yet alas, the gleam of metallic gold is gone. So too are the black scales, destined now to remain sleek and warm in her memory alone.

“It could be such a cruel place.” The twilight girl says softly of their old home, her amethyst eyes are as bruised as her words… as bruised as the part of her soul that still lives on there. “But it was wonderful too…” Like a magnet her gaze lifts to meet his. She looks in beyond their gleaming exterior and into darkness that lingers beyond; Only’s darkness, that holds memories so close to her own. “You did have good memories there too, didn’t you?” She seeks of this ebonyboy, for to lose his looks, the essence of himself – it was  too large a price to pay if he took no fond memories with him.

Their embrace was fleeting, too fleeting, for Florentine believes the scent of home, of the Rift, still lingers upon his skin. It is a ghost she yearns for and when he steps away, her body follows, one stride, another until, with regret she falls away from him.

She longs to ask him where he has been too – had he just come from Rift? Her eyes trail over his face, the shadows that linger, that whisper of stories she knows nothing of.

“I did a lot of time travelling.” The twilight girl confirms softly. “I spent two years in another world…” Her thoughts drift, pulling her eyes off to the horizon – would there be a window there? Though which she could slip and find another world… Her eyes slowly return to Only. “It seems time moved slower here because you have not aged like I, have you?” He is younger now, not the grown up she once saw him as, his body towering above hers. Time twirled its magic hands between them and Flora’s eyes closed as if to better feel its mysterious magic.

“I have not been here long, only one season.” Florentine thinks on how that time has travelled so slowly but how it was also time enough to rise in power… to fall into love… Pushing away thoughts of the Night king and his wild shadows, Florentine allows the ebony boy to command her attention.

“I live in the Dusk Court.” Her wings flare out, her body dropping into a curtsey, laughter peeling from her lips, her eyes gleaming impishly. “The Dusk Court’s Emissary at your service.” She chimes, laying on her best diplomatic voice. “I know, it’s quite the shocker.” Her chirp is bright, ringing in the air as she surveys Only closely. In truth, the girl that dips before Only, flaring her wings like a skirt, is so far from the girl who talked of wolves and lions before Solterra’s lion king.

Swift, fast and unexpected, Only leans in to snatch a flower from her tangled honey hair and it is with mingling horror and fascination that the girl watches a lavender flower disappear into his mouth. “Did you-“ She bleats. “You did,” She breathes. “Well I never. That is bold.”

The girl sniffs, golden lashes fanning her cheeks as she blinks once, then twice. Her smile turns wicked when he snorts at the strong aroma, “I am not sure they are meant for eating…” Slowly, dramatically the girl leans in, her eyes wide her voice a whisper into his ear. “They might be poisonous Only…”

Her brows rise, faux fear slipping through her veins. The slender girl skitters away, lilac eyes peering back at him as his tail catches her fleeing haunches. “Better hope you don’t get sleepy, hmm? It would be up to me to find out whether you are poisoned or not. Dusk Court is a long way from here and that’s where the best healers live, I may be bigger, but I am not big enough to carry you all the way there…”

The flower girl tsks lightly as she steps past the boy, the scent of lavender floating about her like a cape. “It’s a bit early to test our friendship by eating one of my flowers and getting yourself poisoned.” She sings as she steps through the grasses, “Keep up Only. I suppose we have to stick together now in case you really are poisoned.” She twirls around him, her bright eyes gleaming mischievously as petals scatter to drift upon the winds.

@Only <3

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
Only a memory... - by Florentine - 08-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: Only a memory... - by Florentine - 09-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 09-02-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Only a memory... - by Florentine - 09-03-2017, 09:46 AM
RE: Only a memory... - by Only - 09-04-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: Only a memory... - by Florentine - 09-04-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: Only a memory... - by Only - 09-04-2017, 07:05 PM