Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

AMMON vs SERAPHINA

@Ammon - Total: 81/100

• Attacks 46/55

• 26/30 -- Based on creativity of your offense (originality, imagination, and attention to detail).
      • 1st post: Introductary post, and not judged. No offense or defense in this post, per the standard. Does not count against score.
      • 2nd post: I like how he took a less 'standard' approach and tried to play dirty and be the asshole. It makes sense, especially given the bloodlust he entered into the arena with.
      • 3rd post: You could feel the realization when reading this post; it was relieving, because otherwise (like Ammon said), it would have been fairly easy to wear Seraphina down to the point of no return. At the same time, sad!

• 20/25 -- Based on realism of your offense (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 1st post: Introductary post, and not judged. No offense or defense in this post, per the standard. Does not count against score.
      • 2nd post: It's realistic - given that she made him fall for her trip, it certainly makes sense he'd try and be an asshole back ;)
      • 3rd post: The shift in personality, intentions, and enthusiam was really palpable. Your post was worded beautifully, and it almost made me pity the bastard.

• Blocks 24/30

• 11/15 -- Based on creativity of your defense (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 2nd post: While a full on block wasn't used, there was a partial block - in that Ammon altered his stance so that the attack did not land as Seraphina had originally intended.
      • 3rd post: I, honestly, would have been shocked if he did not dodge her attempts at pulling his legs out from under him.

• 13/15 -- Based on realism of your defense (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 2nd post: Ammon's knee-jerk reaction was very nice, and refreshing to see. You don't see a lot of characters get taken off guard during battles!
      • 3rd post: Given their proximity, seeing him prioritize which part of Seraphina's attack was more important to dodge was good. Being on the ground, in a vulnerable position, would be much less beneficial than taking a bite to the nape of his neck.

• Writing Metrics 11/15

• 5/5 -- Based on overall writing creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: Bringing such raw emotion into a battle leads well, not only to Ammon himself (since adrenaline will already be pumping), but it also is very different than most other battle posts we've seen!
      • 2nd post: There was a lot of detail in this post - particularly in his intricate (yet fly by the seat of your pants) plan to have Seraphina topple into the gopher hole.
      • 3rd post: There was a lot of raw emotion in this post, and like I said before... it almost made me feel bad for the poor bastard! Hopefully he'll be able to regain that enjoyment in the future.. although idk how that'll go for poor Ammon.

• 4/5 -- Based on overall realism (physical mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, Magic Level, and Bonded)
      • 1st post: Extra points for making Ammon ultra aware of his surroundings, and the gopher holes that pepper the steppe!
      • 2nd post: Overall, very realistic - and I liked how it seemed he was running off of pure adrenaline, that also seemed to affect his thought process.
      • 3rd post: How realistically Ammon's duality was portrayed was done very good!

• 2/5 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: Overall very good sentence structure and grammar. There were a few sentences that read a little odd, but nothing that wasn't easily figured out.
      • 2nd post: Quite a few compounded sentences that could have done better with being split up, although that's simply for easier reading.
      • 3rd post: Very good, with very few mistakes at all!

@SeraphinaTotal: 86/100

• Attacks 49/55

• 26/30 -- Based on creativity of your offense (originality, imagination, and attention to detail).
      • 1st post: I thought the trip fake-out was a lovely idea on yours part, and I was pleased to see Ammon fall for it!
      • 2nd post: With how aggressive Ammon has been, I question if Seraphina trying to tangle her legs with Ammon's to knock him off balance will work in her favor, or directly against her..
      • 3rd post: No offense in this post, because all attacks have been used. Does not count against score.

• 23/25 -- Based on realism of your offense (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 1st post: The description of her trip/lurch forward was very smoothly done, and worded in such a way that it made very good sense.
      • 2nd post: Her personality shone through this attack, what with Ammon's attempt at intimidation falling upon deaf ears. Like I said, it makes this battle seem personal in all the best ways.
      • 3rd post: No offense in this post, because all attacks have been used. Does not count against score.

• Blocks 24/30

• 10/15 -- Based on creativity of your defense (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: No defense in this post, per the standard. Does not count against score.
      • 2nd post: I liked how she did at least try and brace herself for the impact she knew was coming, even though she knew it would do little to no good.
      • 3rd post: A very realistic and smart choice for Seraphina to mentally realize that continuing to fight him would be a stupid idea.

• 14/15 -- Based on realism of your defense (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 1st post: No defense in this post, per the standard. Does not count against score.
      • 2nd post: There was really no way out of this, so I'm glad to see she took this hit - somehow escaping it would have garnered negative points for definitely not being realistic. It was also nice to see how you threw in exactly how aware Seraphina was of the weight/etc difference between her and Ammon. Torn ligaments is not usually an injury we see in most battles, so it was a breath of fresh air (however terrible for Seraphina it is)!
      • 3rd post: I definitely don't think that this is her 'giving up' - moreso, just as Ammon put it, this is a truce.

• Writing Metrics 13/15

• 5/5 -- Based on overall writing creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: I really enjoyed seeing her feign concern when she initially approached him, and then immediately lurch into what one could consider an animalistic urge. A side of Seraphina that I don't get to read about often, but enjoy!
      • 2nd post: This post was really lovely to read! It was very poetic in many ways, and had a lot more content than just the standard we usually see with heated battles like this.
      • 3rd post: Love the way this post ended. All the plots!

• 5/5 -- Based on overall realism (physical mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, Magic Level, and Bonded)
      • 1st post: While not a standard approach, it's very realistic for most animals to try and fake out opponents before they actually go head to head, so this was nice to see.
      • 2nd post: Her personality really shown through in this particular battle post, and it gave this whole battle a very personal feel.
      • 3rd post: Seeing her physical hurt so palpable and apparent was a nice end touch!

• 3/5 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: Fairly good! There were a few sentences near the end that could stand to have been separated into multiple sentences, for ease of reading.
      • 2nd post: There was maybe one or two sentences that were compounded a little oddly, but nothing too bad!
      • 3rd post: Very few, if any, mistakes.

the novus crew

the someday crew

Messages In This Thread
COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by Ammon - 09-24-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by Seraphina - 09-29-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by Ammon - 09-30-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by Seraphina - 10-02-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by inkbone - 10-04-2017, 10:34 PM
RE: COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by Ammon - 10-05-2017, 03:17 PM
RE: COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by Seraphina - 10-08-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP - by inkbone - 12-07-2017, 11:51 PM