Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - wandering jane

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

It was not Florentine’s crown that the girl holds. It was not her sea-blue flowers whose petals move in the breeze like waves rolling in to the shore.

But it is familiar, it stirs dusty memories of a childhood lost to time and magic. Florentine was only four, but she had lived for far longer than those four years and many lives too. There was nothing natural in the way the girl aged, gazing at the flower crown, she wa just as likely to remember the way she held it with dirty, human fingers as when she wore it as a filly foal.

As a street urchin, human and wild, Florentine had never had the time for flowers, but the ones Kearn had brought her. Yet as a horse, free and magical, she had woven many flower crowns with Pan. She had wound them intricately and asked her father to freeze each petal, just a little, so they glittered in the sun.

One such crown had born flowers as blue as the one Soleil holds. As though it were a flame, and Florentine its enchanted moth, the Dusk girl steps closer. Her eyes flit from the crown to its holder and back again. Her lips tip into a small smile. “Will you not wear it?” She asks of the Sun-girl, for it is easy to assume the one who holds the crown must own it too. A crown of flowers might have been the only one that Florentine would ever consider wearing, but the Terrastellan queen cannot bring herself to put one on, not even now in a festival full of flower girls. Childhood dreams of becoming a queen were as fleeting as dreams in the night. She had awoken to adulthood and blinked away such childish whimsies; being a queen was not her destiny.

@Soleil - I hope you don't mind me jumping in here <3

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-26-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 05-28-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-30-2018, 04:28 PM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 07-01-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 07-09-2018, 04:09 PM