Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - wandering jane

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE

always one decision away from a totally different life
-- ♕ --

She drinks in the woven crown of petals and vines. Soleil’s gaze is a wandering thing and slowly Florentine lets her gaze wander too. There is no one who looks to be bereft without their flower crown. The more the gilded girl looks, the more flower crowns she sees. The festival is a veritable sea of girls and boys adorned in flowers and paint and glitter.

Slowly her gaze returns to the Solterran girl and Florentine’s smile is mischievous enough to light the dark that creeps in with the coming night. “I think you might be safe to wear this one. There seem to be enough crowns to go around.” From beneath the wash of her fringe the girl surveys the other thoughtfully. “Or are flowers not your thing? Forgive me if so.”

A wing tip lowers to trail thoughtfully through the long stems of summer grasses. They sway with the evening breeze and Flora is sure she might hear their song, were it not for the melody of the musicians upon the stage.

Awareness dawns upon the Solterran girl and Florentine watches as her eyes widen, as her body becomes less relaxed. Each curve of her torso becomes sharper, more angular. Her nerves alight with awareness. Decorum draws itself up between the girls and Flora sighs deeply. Her wing lifts from the grasses and waves in casual dismissal. “Eh, no need.” The girl shrugs lightly, smooth like silk. “It’s quite unnecessary. It just makes me feel more awkward.” Her smile is sheepish and mischievous, “I hope you did not read too much into those stories. I fear I both cannot live up to them but also that they tell such tales about the deeds I am supposed to have committed. I should rather you offer me the chance to tell you my tales in person, Soleil.”

With her gaze lingering upon the Solterran’s delicate face for just a moment longer, Florentine lets it then slide to a distant stall. “Ah, toasted marshmallows. Might you join me?”

@Soleil |    | Oh my word I am so sorry it has been so long <3 <3
rallidae

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-26-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 05-28-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-30-2018, 04:28 PM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 07-01-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 07-09-2018, 04:09 PM