Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a part of something greater than before

Users browsing this thread:

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

"Oh, but my tongue is a weapon."
Hearing that she was doing well put Somnus’ heart at ease. His warm, affectionate smile remained, allowing the distance to lessen between them as they came to stand almost intimately close. What they were exactly, he still did not truly know. Typically the golden sovereign loathed any form of ambiguity, irritated by the possible unknown, and yet… With Eulalie, things were easy. He did not need to know all or see all around her, for the world simply fell into its perfectly slotted place. A perfectionist’s dream, she was, and Somnus was a perfectionist extraordinaire.

Silence settled around them, gentle and soothing about his shoulders. Bodies passed and yet he paid them no mind, for his eyes were lost in her warm gaze. Still, the silence did not last long, for Eulalie had come bearing news that he could not possibly have fathomed. Straight and to the point, delaying and barring nothing, the words spilled from pale lips and Somnus’ verdant green eyes widened in surprise.

’I’m pregnant.’

The silence around them shifted, taking on an uncertain, cautious edge. Pregnant? For a blasphemous moment the Dawn King could not help but think that perhaps Eulalie was joking, but… No, no. The warrior’s expression, fierce as a battlefield, told no lie. She was telling the truth. Pregnant? Their passionate night spent on the shore of the Amare Creek came to mind, but just as quickly it was gone as he focused on the news revealed to him. He knew that the child must be his… But what would happen now?

"I-I beg your pardon?

Surprise and fear trickled through his veins and settled as a heavy weight in his chest. Somnus was not a man for surprises, and this! Oh, but this was far more than just an unexpected surprise! Blindsided, gob smacked, the dunalino did not know how in the world to react, other than attempt to speak for a few moments of surely inane looking foolishness. Mouth parting, he attempted to find the words, only for his lips to draw tight as they escaped him. What could he say? What was he supposed to say? What did Eulalie think of this discovery? Did she loathe him?

Alba let out a sound of irritation on Somnus’ behalf, her words scathing in his muddled head. ’Focus, you git!’ Focus. Focus, right.

Mouth closing, Somnus took a moment to ground himself before inhaling deeply. He did his best to relax, letting his eyes glance to the gold and ivory woman’s sides, still so lithe and untouched by the rotund shape of pregnancy, before returning to her chocolate eyes. “Eulalie…” What did she want from him? He would not abandon her. This was the result of a night born of stress-induced passion, and yet… Yet he felt far more for her than he should have. This happened because the two of them, yet Somnus had no intention on forcing her to raise this foal alone. He would never.

“… Whatever you need from me, whatever this child needs from me, I will fight until my last breath to provide. I will not let you do this alone.” That was the noble thing to do, right? And… Well, maybe Somnus thought the idea positively thrilling, now that the surprising was waning. Unexpected? Very. Exciting? Also very. A father… Goodness, he was to be a father. What would Ulric say? Or Po?

Hesitantly, Somnus went on, still unsure as to where they stood. “Eulalie… I need to know. Are you alright with this?”

tag: @Eulalie

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
a part of something greater than before - by Eulalie - 06-03-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: a part of something greater than before - by Eulalie - 06-10-2018, 04:05 PM
RE: a part of something greater than before - by Somnus - 06-16-2018, 11:19 PM
RE: a part of something greater than before - by Eulalie - 07-22-2018, 03:27 PM