Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Bridegroom

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

"Oh, but my tongue is a weapon."
Somnus carried a patient, respectful silence as the young horned stallion said his piece and made his introductions. There was a subtle shift in the newcomer’s demeanor, a lowering of the head, a relaxing of his posture. It was as though he was attempting to seem as meek and unthreatening as possible. There was no threat here, and upon the dunalino’s spine it was clear that Alba was realizing that very thing. The barn owls’ ruffled feathers settled into smooth layers upon her body, and soon enough the wise avian’s beady black eyes tore away to instead focus instead on preening.

If anything, as Jericho continued to speak, so ready and passionately declaring his ability to contribute to the welfare of Delumine, so eager to prove his worth, his words caused Somnus’ dark lips to raise higher, his smile growing. So eager, youth. It was a look of endearment that graced his features, like a father might bestow upon a child. Well… He may as well get started early, right? As he was soon to be a father, himself.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jericho. Please, don’t worry yourself quite yet on contribution, but your enthusiasm is much appreciated.” Right now, Delumine was in a state of peace, yet that could easily be turned and twisted upside down in a moment’s notice. They needed to be ready. Peace, while beautiful, never did last long enough. “I’m certain that you must be exhausted from your travels. If you need a place to rest and have a good, hearty meal, we’ll be happy to welcome you into our fold and provide you just that.”

Shifting in his stance, shoulders rolling and wings drooping as he relaxed, Somnus motioned his muzzle in a way that signaled Jericho to draw closer. His smile did not waver, and remained open and honest, keen verdant eyes staring with curious intensity. The evening breeze sent chills along his spine, a tender kiss of a promise of the weather that would inevitably arrive. “It’s a good thing you arrived when you did, hm? Last winter was fearsome, and I loathe the thought of anyone wandering at the winter’s mercy. Come, friend. Shall I give you a tour?”

tag: @Jericho

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-04-2018, 03:17 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-08-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-14-2018, 01:42 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-15-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-17-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-27-2018, 06:23 AM