Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - to say what others cannot utter

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.
It was relieving, to hear that everything was well. Still, Somnus’ verdant depths did not miss the brief moment of hesitation that marred the brindled woman’s confidence, a telling second that less experienced men may not have noticed. His eyes narrowed minutely, watching, careful and curious as to what thoughts were swimming about in Pavetta’s mind. What was this about? Still, he dipped his head in a polite nod at her confirmation, relieved that she truly seemed unharmed and unhindered.

“I’m relieved to hear it.” And he was. Pavetta was a blessing to Delumine, strong in body and spirit, and her name had been whispered rather fondly among the masses of their Court. News of her deeds had reached his ears, and the dunalino was grateful that he had been the one to find her at the Amare Creek and offer her a home, a chance.

Standing beside Ipomoea, the Dawn King held his tongue and listened to why Pavetta had so suddenly inquired an audience. It was definitely no social call, no friendly bout of banter, but instead something that would completely shift the Dawn Court’s Regime. Somnus’ gaze held considerable weight as he watched the way that Pavetta held herself as she admitted what, exactly, she wanted, and he catalogued and memorized every feature.

’I wish to challenge Orion for the position of Emissary, and seek your permission to do so.’

The dunalino’s eyes slid closed, letting the weight of the words wrap themselves around his shoulders like a heavy mantle. Of course.

To be a King was a heavy, cumbersome burden. He adored every soul who lived in his Court, from his fellow equines, the wild animals, and the spirits that danced within the forests. Everything he did, he did for their benefit, to broaden the touch of Oriens’ knowledge and broach the many mysteries in life and engage in understanding. Opening minds, opening opportunities… Somnus would never crush nor stand between the aspirations of one of his own, yet this? This… This was not just a dream. This was a shift. A desire. A chance to prove ones worth.

Could he truly say ‘no’?

Orion had been promoted rather quickly after arriving within Delumine’s borders. They got along amicably, he would admit, and the dunalino recalled Orion’s odd fondness and infatuation with him since their introduction. Somnus recalled the day of the meeting months back, and how Pavetta had brazenly offered herself as Emissary. He would admit that he had given her quite a bit of thought, but something had stopped him. Maybe it was her own juvenile experience to their homeland? Perhaps it was her age? Inexperience? It was so long ago, yet not… But since then, Pavetta had achieved what Orion had not. It was a sobering, bitter thought that set the typically steadfast and undaunted Sovereign at unease. Had he made the wrong choice? Had he made an error? His perfectionism could hardly stand it, yet this was not the time to question his own shortcomings.

Where Orion had remained in the confines of the Dawn Court, daydreaming of his new future and opportunities, Pavetta had come and gone repeatedly, leaving the safety of their borders and seeking out the world. She familiarized herself with the workings of the other Courts, integrating herself into their lives and their cultures, embracing their differences and offering diplomatic relations… She was, quite honestly, already acting as Emissary in Orion’s stead. The realization was a bitter taste on his tongue, and only then did Somnus’ wise emerald eyes slide open and focus upon the brindled woman with a piercing stare.

“… Words of your deeds have preceded you, Pavetta. I’ve already heard rumors of your exploits, how you’ve grown to know and familiarize yourself with other Courts. I also remember when I found you. You had no reason to trust me, injured and wronged as you were… And yet you did.” The stallion’s dark lips dared to twitch upwards into a fond smile, and it lightened the grievous darkness in his eyes. “Perhaps it is time that I offer you some of that trust in return. I believe you would do well for Delumine and our Court as Emissary. You’ve already proven yourself beyond capable and willing, and so I give you my blessing.”

There, Somnus turned his head to regard Ipomoea. He knew his little brother’s dislike for being put on the spot despite his position as Regent, and yet… Somnus valued the appaloosa’s words far more than any amount of Signos. “What do you think, Po?”

tag: @Ipomoea @Pavetta

I’m so, so sorry for the wait on this! <3 Somnus has given Pavetta his blessing to challenge Orion for his position as Emissary.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
to say what others cannot utter - by Pavetta - 06-14-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Somnus - 06-16-2018, 10:36 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Ipomoea - 06-26-2018, 08:39 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Pavetta - 06-27-2018, 05:36 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Somnus - 08-06-2018, 10:51 PM
RE: to say what others cannot utter - by Ipomoea - 08-26-2018, 03:12 PM