Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - a sense of belonging

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cynix

CYNIX
day met night

Cynix had been so focused on making it to the statue that he had seen nothing around him, his mind narrowed in and gaze tunneled. So it was a surprise to hear his own name, his hooves scrambling slightly as he turned himself, feathers swaying in the autumn breeze of the mountain air, his head ducking and wings puffing only slightly.

Those eyes shone with tears still, salmon hue meeting her own dark, and he took in a breath of shocked stillness. She... was there. It was actually her, instead of a statue, and he felt as if he'd been struck rather dumb for a moment, his hooves grounded but the rest of him feeling like he was attempting to float off. If it weren't for the anchoring to the ground, he was certain he'd be drifting somewhere.

It took him to get a moment, but he finally got his feathered limbs moving, slowly taking steps closer toward the deity. Cynix felt his breathing slow, and while he was still swamped with his woes, he was entirely entranced by her appearance. By her actual presence, rather than a statue.

"I thought... I thought your statue had been destroyed." The poor boy hiccuped slightly, and finally came to a halt in front of her, his sorrows palpable. He didn't lay with her, still a bit in awe, but he lowered his head as he looked at her, distraught and crumbling before her like a mighty pine to ashes.

Taking a deep breath, he swallowed, watching her and locking eyes with her again. "I am so tired... Caligo. So tired of not belonging anywhere... of being called abominable. Just because of my lineage. Why do they treat me so different, even still? I.. I'm just an innocent in all of this, I didn't ask for it." His words choked and he felt himself shudder as he held back a sob, closing his eyes tight.

@ @inkbone || sdfKLJLDKJSF

Messages In This Thread
a sense of belonging - by Cynix - 06-23-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: a sense of belonging - by Random Events - 07-08-2018, 03:14 AM
RE: a sense of belonging - by Cynix - 07-09-2018, 12:18 AM
RE: a sense of belonging - by Random Events - 07-23-2018, 12:47 AM