Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Opening the Gates

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

No man was ever wise by chance.
Once more, Somnus arched a brow, tossing the close-lipped mare a curious glance. Then, abruptly, his expression shifted into something far more amicable, a warm, humored grin pulling taut across dark lips. That knowing glisten remained rooted within keen verdant eyes, but his posture loosened, the natural cadence of his stride returning to his limbs.

“Not at all, Sloane. I believe you misunderstand my intent.” Turning his head, the Dawn King continued to lead the way, nodding towards every library assistant that they passed. Some of the petite creatures would pause and watch them with wide eyes as they passed, but for the most part they seemed intent on tending to their duties of maintaining the library itself. “I merely implied that your acts within Delumine thus far have been commendable. Assisting with the fires as you have, as well as engaging the little rascals responsible… My apologies, if that came off as a slight. It was never my intent.” Even with his words, that smile still remained. Entertained, almost, as though humored with her affront.

Then, another nod from the dunalino, but this time in acquiescence to her words in regards to her living arrangement. “That’s good to hear.” And it was.

Together the two equines wound their way through the vast annex of the library before veering off towards the historical wing of Delumine proper. They arrived, and the room widened into a proper chamber, the natural-built shelving housing the many ancient scrolls, documents, and rare tomes collected over the years since Novus’ creation. The various nooks and crannies were illuminated by the floating spheres, granting them plenty of light to properly peruse by. Somnus stepped inside the room with grace, letting his eyes roam the familiar pieces that he had previously read and the many more that he longed to explore. It would be a long time until he could read them all, but oh, how he would try.

Twisting his neck, he glanced over his shoulder to where Sloane was standing. ”Here we are. You said familial histories, correct? I’m afraid that I’ve seen very little in regards to the family histories of Delumine. The Dawn Court’s founder, Simon, did not have children other than the disciples that followed him and Oriens’ teachings. Perhaps you will find more in the later generations.” There had been strife in Kasil’s family, but where they had all gone or what they had done was lost on him. That had been far, far before Somnus’ ascension.

tag: @Sloane

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 01-10-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-04-2019, 08:21 AM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-08-2019, 05:35 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-18-2019, 02:14 AM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-18-2019, 06:34 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-19-2019, 09:50 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-24-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-25-2019, 08:25 PM