Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pavetta

Sloane. Somnus speaks of her behavior while living in Delumine and his concerns for the safety of the Dawn Court. She listens to the conerns quietly. Pavetta wishes she could say she was surprised but that's not the case. She has had her own experience with Sloane--one that made the difference between life and death. She recalls the flames, the stench of her own skin burning...her silver hair turning black with soot; ash coating her throat and embers stinging her eyes...

"During the fires she saved my life." Pavetta blinks, as if the embers are still there, burning and blistering her skin. "But I thought she was going to leave me there to die. I don't know why she helped me but I think it was not out of kindness."

It had been a bizarre encounter, one that Pavetta is grateful for, and yet...she can't help but feel like the situation could have easily gone the other way and she might not have survived if Sloane had been in a less than helpful mood.

"I agree she is not a typical Delumine citizen and acknowledge these shared concerns but I would advise caution. I think it would be terribly easy to push her away and it would be a shame to create a monster where there may be none; only someone who has found it difficult to find her place in Delumine."

Pavetta can't help but relate...she has struggled for a long time to find meaning and purpose...life had had only begun to make sense in Delumine. But there is still something restless stirring in her heart...

"It is good to be prepared...but I think it would be unwise to make her feel attacked or anything less than a citizen of Delumine." She has said her part on the matter of Sloane...but there is something else on her mind, something much heavier.

"This is unrelated but while we are all gathered...I suppose it's a good time as any." She pauses, feeling sheepish and tired and sad all at once as she meets the gaze of Po, Ulric, and Somnus. "I have decided to step down from my position as Emissary. I know the timing isn't ideal..." She thinks of the unrest in Solterra and the monster prowling in Delumine. "But there are several very capable candidates who might desire more responsibility." She thinks of Messalina and Eulalie in particular. "As for me, I think my path lies elsewhere..." Where though? "Thank you for believing in me, Somnus. Thank you all for allowing me to serve Delumine."

a pearl in pigshit, a diamond on the finger of a rotting corpse,
creature in whom nothing, but nothing, remains of an elven woman ---

@Somnus @Ulric @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-04-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-05-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-18-2019, 12:56 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 04-26-2019, 03:42 AM