Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

There's no looking up for heaven
The mood of their conversation shifted suddenly, from talk of dealing with a suspicious individual to the abrupt loss of their beloved Emissary. Ulric cast his bewildered gaze to Pavetta as she revealed her decision to them all, looking on with forlorn. The room grew eerily quiet for what felt like too long, but could have only been a couple seconds before Ipomoea spoke, his voice a whisper carried away on a non-existent breeze. Looking between Sovereign and Regent, then back to Pavetta, Ulric found himself at a loss.

“Your absence will be felt,” his gently spoken words eventually spilled out, genuine and honest. While he didn’t know Pavetta very intimately like others might, he had always enjoyed her presence and appreciated her insight, and not having here around for things like this anymore… well, it wouldn’t be easy. He only prayed that everything was alright with her. “But, like Po said – don’t be a stranger. And we’re always here, if you ever need anything.”

When the lady of fine silver stood and took her leave, the Warden looked back to those remaining, his hunger suddenly forgotten. Luckily, Somnus wouldn’t allow for the silence to stretch further than it already had, and he breathed a little easier once his friend had spoken up. “I, ah… no, Somnus, I haven’t.” His answer was accompanied by a shake of his head and a furrow of his brow. “My priorities have lain in maintaining the borders, but I haven’t come across anyone in quite a while, even before their closure.” Ulric never made it a point to go shoving his nose into the business of others, particularly when rumors were abound, and so anything he did end up hearing would have to be taken with a grain of salt. “Do you think we should send a small group to check out what’s going on, or should we try and stay out of it entirely?”

On the subject of choosing a new Emissary to assume Pavetta’s duties, the Warden grew silent as he mulled it all over. Every face of Delumine flashed across his vision, lingering on some longer than others as he considered them all. “There’s a handful of individuals I’m sure would excel, but… The two that stand out the most to me are Eulalie and Mateo. Eulalie’s resourceful, and she’s always been there, ready to help, even if she isn’t sure how. I don’t know Mateo nearly as well, but he seems the sociable type and your son speaks highly of him. On top of that, I see him slinking off to the library more often than anyone else, so he must be well-read.”

"Speaking."

@Somnus @Ipomoea

@Somnus @Pavetta @Ipomoea
credits

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-04-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-05-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-18-2019, 12:56 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ulric - 04-22-2019, 02:06 AM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 04-26-2019, 03:42 AM