Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Still, like dust, I rise

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

The dragon arrives and how the mountain trembles before it. The roar ricochets through the cave, deafening all. Yet Raum has no care for dragons, not when rain comes, abnormal and wrong. It starts as water and changes, so fast, so rapidly into knives that fall and clatter everywhere, over all. Flowers fall amid them, soft and soundless yet the fall limp as bodies and he might count them each and wonder if they match his tally or corpses.

Yet, the cave is changing and Raum knows to expect nothing less from the Night Court Queen. Rocks meld and change and suddenly a line of jagged pillars appear between him and Isra. The light of the cave shifts, rippling with the dragon that stalks outside.

A light glimmers in the mouth of the cave, it moves like a star and Raum’s gave shifts to follow it and there Eik is, moving bright and fierce. He and Isra are magnets uniting, as Eik lowers his horn in challenge. It descends like a blade pointing for the silver Crow.

Like a lion Raum prowls along the pillared wall. He watches Eik even as the blades still clatter down and as they fall they cut his skin, they laugh in metal and bite like monsters.

Then (for so much happens so fast, so viscerally), Eik’s magic booms and the cave judders again. No longer is it just filled with dragon cries but magic too. His ears fall to his skull, better to dull the cry of the Solterran man. Oh the cave is trembling trembling and then it moans and trembles again. Dust falls from the walls, from the ceiling and Raum knows the cry of a cave about to collapse.

His eyes swing from the ceiling and the walls, back to Isra and her love. His lips twist, and his maw parts, a raw ripping from his leonine throat. Then the stallion turns and runs like a dream skittering through thoughts as fast as a blinking eye. The black of a tunnel yawns wide for him, like an artery leading away from the throbbing cave’s heart. Raum follows it, his feet sure, memory guiding his every step. He runs until the stale air grows fresh, until shadows give way to light and the world begins to reappear and a dragon’s cry is hidden by a mountain’s range.

@Isra @Abel @Eik Raum is out <3

[Image: x341oLX.png]

You're one microscopic cog

in his catastrophic plan

Messages In This Thread
Still, like dust, I rise - by Raum - 03-02-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Still, like dust, I rise - by Isra - 03-02-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Still, like dust, I rise - by Abel - 03-06-2019, 11:49 AM
RE: Still, like dust, I rise - by Raum - 03-07-2019, 03:49 AM
RE: Still, like dust, I rise - by Isra - 03-09-2019, 06:13 PM
RE: Still, like dust, I rise - by Abel - 03-12-2019, 11:46 AM
RE: Still, like dust, I rise - by Raum - 03-26-2019, 10:26 AM