Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The bluest things on earth

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rouge

Rouge
Listening to how Somnus spoke of his friend, Ulric, made Rouge rather excited to meet him. The Warden, as it was, would hopefully become a commander to the russet stag yet, and given time, hopefully a trusted friend. The King goes on to talk about the island to the west, and Rouge pricks up his ears in intrigue. The promise of warmer climates was always rather intriguing to the fellow, so he figures he might go there to wrap up winter once the monster was (hopefully) caught. When the golden stallion speaks of the fire-squirrels, Rou nods his head. "I believe I saw the extent of their damage before I came to meet you," He admits, remembering much of the charred remains of the great evergreen forest. 

They continue to match pace, onward towards the building on the edge of Delumine proper. The cobblestone is cool on Rou's tired hooves, autumn leaves crunch satisfyingly beneath his feet. Finally, Somnus tells him about the fortress, how there are plenty of chambers should Rouge wish to rest there. It is comforting, at the very least, to know he has somewhere to lay his head at night. The citadel looms over them - a towering, powerful figure that reminds him much of the volcano of his first home. Browned, untamed ivy climbs its walls, winterberry sprouts beneath the vines, painting the building a complimentary shade of crimson. He smiles at Somnus. "I will be sure to keep that in mind," He says politely, before letting out a soft chuckle. "However, I don't do much sleeping." An insomniac since birth, Rouge often found himself struggling to sleep, sometimes staying up for days at a time. He could never quite figure out if this was simply just genetics, or if it had something to do with the uncontrollable urge to protect those around him. 

Maybe he'd never find out, but it didn't seem to matter. Right now, all that matters is he has a home. "I know you do," He says to Somnus, blue eyes glittering as he smiles. "Thank you for everything. I'm sure it will be a pleasure to serve you and yours."

im not afraid of leaving, not of god & not of death.

@Somnus Words are hard xD

Messages In This Thread
The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 03-13-2019, 10:03 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 03-13-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 03-15-2019, 09:55 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 03-17-2019, 01:56 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 03-21-2019, 08:31 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 01:45 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 04-04-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 04-08-2019, 07:07 AM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Rouge - 04-09-2019, 08:30 PM
RE: The bluest things on earth - by Somnus - 04-28-2019, 11:58 PM