Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - Singing to me 'Glory'

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

A set of eyes had pinned him
Became his version of a kingdom
She's everything the devil can't be
When she's singing to me, "Glory"

Despite all the shit that she gave him, Ulric could be intense. Maybe it was just his militaristic background or all of the days spent patrolling Delumine. Whatever it was, as Israfel held his golden stare with a watery ferocity, she found herself struggling to find the words to reply to his wisdom. Who knew someone who was so good at pummeling things could be so wise?

Too bad Israfel had never been one for wisdom. He was right, of course. Surviving loss was difficult no matter who you were, but the Sun Daughter had never been particularly good at handling it. She had always been a whirlwind of emotions, an ember flicked far too close to uncovered kerosene. A little wild, a little unstable, far too passionate and bullheaded for her own damn good… And far too angry, slighted and bitter from a life she never got to live. But she wasn’t the only one

Letting out a rough, harsh breath, the mare’s alabaster head looked away, tearing their gazes apart. She grit her teeth and bit her lip, blinking hard. It was impossible to explain how she was feeling. Emotions were better left sorted on the battlefield, where she could let her body and rage speak for itself. Words were never her strong suit. Despite that ineptitude, however, Ulric was clearly trying to help her, blatantly alarmed by her distress. The least she could do was try and articulate some kind of response for him.

“A chance,” she muttered at last, the timbre of her voice strained with grief and hope, “A single chance to make something better, to leave something better than the way that I found it.” Was that too much to ask? Did it even make sense? Did that make her greedy or selfish? Did she even care if the answer was ‘yes’?

Turning her head to once more meet Ulric’s gaze, rose-kissed lips tugged down in a prominent frown, the Warden of Terrastella hesitated once more. Her ears tipped back, brows furrowing, and she was troubled. Oh, so troubled. Blinking hard against the tears still swimming in her eyes, she went on. “Like Solaris. I would love to have something good rise from the ruin that loss brings. It just never seems to happen.” Life was too damn stubborn, too damn determined to keep screwing over the mortals that struggled to live there.

She wondered for a brief moment if the Gods did it on purpose, but that thought sent home a reminder as to why she was in such a piss-poor mood anyway, and she immediately let that go. Later. For now? For now… She didn’t know what she needed.

“What would you have happen, in the wake of disaster?”

"Speaking."
credits

@Ulric - husband <3

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 03-31-2019, 11:42 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-08-2019, 05:13 AM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 04-15-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-28-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 05-06-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 05-13-2019, 01:00 AM