Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - -- will i be heard?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

the baffled king composing hallelujah

Somnus was no stranger to the library. He knew its winding hallways and grand wooden arches formed by the very forest of the Viride as intimately as he knew the hallways of the Citadel proper. Other than his own family chambers, decorated with books, trinkets, flowers in vases, and various items collected over time from a busy husband, wife, and their two young children, the library simply felt like home.

Perhaps it was his deep, profound connection and relationship with Oriens that made these hallways fill him with peace. Or maybe it was the silence that carried throughout the entire place save for the sounds of the library assistants, the fox-like workers with their long bodies darting around the floor beneath his hooves and the very branches and shelves around his head. He smiled at every one, nodding his head, grateful to them for their help in keeping things tidy, orderly, and safe.

For awhile, Somnus admired the books, skimming the pages in search of something riveting to read. It was difficult to do when almost every tome caught his attention, when every scroll called his name with its alluring scripture. Yet he hardly had the time to read it all, not with his busy schedule. One day, perhaps.

Giving a wistful sigh, the Dawn King turned on his heel, a single tome tucked under his wing. Alba remained perched upon the curve of the dunalino’s croup, examining the passing creatures and the twisting halls of the library. Venturing towards one of the reading rooms for some privacy to enjoy his book, a murmuring voice nearby caused him to pause. A golden ear tipped in the direction he had heard the voice, verdant eyes searching with a thoughtful frown on his lips. Was there someone else there?

A pale shape soon came into view during his wanderings, an equine that Somnus admittedly did not recognize. Despite the fact that he could only see the stranger’s backside, turned away as he was, his scent was far from familiar. His brows furrowed in confusion, the stranger’s words finally reaching his ears. Setting the borrowed book aside onto the top of a nearby table, the Dawn King cleared his throat to announce his arrival, not wanting to startle the other male.

“Might I suggest a cup of tea, perhaps? Oriens is quite fond of Delumine’s herbal blend.” Head up, gaze forward, the dusty golden king quietly crept into the room and glanced around. It was peaceful, in its silent sort of way, soothing and welcoming. It felt as though the stresses of life were drawn from the bottoms of his hooves, and he let out a deep, steading breath. His emerald gaze then sought out the stranger, getting a better view of him now.

Pale. That was the first word that came to mind. Cream-kissed, hues of pearls and the faint kiss of roses adorning his every coloration. Somnus took in the fellow’s posture, the way he held himself, the cut of his mane and the glitter of his silver eyes. No. He did not know this stallion, but Somnus did not feel threatened by him. He smiled, warm and gentle.

“Apologies for interrupting. Most do not use the library as a place of worship… But I cannot say that I am opposed to the idea.” In a way it would be fitting to worship Oriens within a structure just as ancient and magnificent as the patron deity himself.

Alba watched the perlino stallion with a curious tilt to her head, but otherwise remained silent. For once, the barn owl had nothing to say.

tag: @Lasairian

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
-- will i be heard? - by Lasairian - 05-19-2019, 12:23 AM
RE: -- will i be heard? - by Somnus - 05-19-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: -- will i be heard? - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 03:28 PM