Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- listen to the waves crash;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel was struggling to figure out more about this new land she’d recently decided would be ‘decent enough’ for home . . . although, anywhere that lacked creatures with more teeth than brain cells were good in her book, and so Novus had seemed like as good a place as any to let down anchor at. Needless to say, it had taken less than two flips of a fin for her to be with in beaching distance. But that had been a fair few weeks ago, and Bel was certainly beginning to go with the current, and settle herself into the new life style that was to be her own within the boundaries of Novus. A life style that had a tendency to leave her more dry that she preferred.

Now, don’t get Bel wrong, she was in no way the sort to complain about the home she had found in the Dusk Court, but that didn’t lessen the fact that the only substantial amount of water she could relax in was that of a murky marsh with a heavy weight to the air . . . . Most unpleasant for a being that had previously kept the comforts of the sea . . . . and so it was to the sea she had a tendency to return too. The feeling of the water swallowing her deep, the sights of the fish, the odd muted sounds that came with the natural world beneath the waters’ surface; it all held a temptation that never failed to draw the aquatic mare to the water’s edge.

It was hardly a surprise that she had chosen to spend a portion of the day today beneath the crashing torrents above. Color flooded her vision, even as the second set of eyelids closed protectively over dual set of eyes, capable of being seen through without subjecting her vision to the harsh sting of salt. Gills opened, fluttering as water was cycled through them, the oxygen being removed from it as it passed through her gills, bypassing the lungs she used when on land. Her rigid spinal fin stood out in contrast with the softer colors of the underwater world that seemed to have expected her to succumb to their wild force before she’d revealed her primarily aquatic nature and was welcomed by the sea and the life it held in its protective grasp.

This was a world she felt comfortable in, it was far more familiar then living among others that were like her, but not. They may be equine, but they certain were not Pod. Unfortunately, she couldn’t escape from Novus forever, it was her home now, which meant she was destined to return from the waves at some point, whether she wanted to or not. And so she turned her body, tucking her fore-hooves close to her chest, while her back hooves kicked back, pushing herself towards the right direction before that powerful tail of hers sliced downwards through the water, propelling her forward with the grace and elegance that could only belong to the creatures of the ocean.

She made her way towards shore, her fin breaching the surface first before the rest of her body followed, her stance and movements shifting from swimming to a mere wading, as her hooves touched ground and drew her through the shallows. Water trailed from her body, glistening and reflecting off of the silver of the ram horns that curled around her finned ears. Her eyes blinked a few times, as both sets of lids resumed a more open state, and her gills slid into a firmly closed position, water trailing slightly from the edges, ridding the last of the water before her lungs shifted into use. Her tail lightly trailed through the water, a light wake left in her path, as she headed to shore, hooves crunching against dark, wet sand, immediately turning in the direction that would take her back to Dusk Court, already missing the allure of the sea behind her.

She had seen him from the distance as she came ashore, had altered her trajectory accordingly to give him space – no need to school around a stranger after all. However, she wasn’t expecting him to take such distinct notice of her, asking if someone was there, even as he turned in her direction. He was a lighter creature – not quite so pure as the near white of her own body beneath the dark and light blues that broke up her design. It stood out here when on the earth, but when underwater it served as a decent form of camouflage from those with a taste for equine.

She remained silent for mere moments, meeting his gaze with her foremost pair of eyes (the second pair quickly scanning the area to ensure there were no others waiting to snatch her up in jawed embrace. "Oh, uh, Hello? Sorry, was just coming in on the tide." She stated with a pinch of awkwardness to her tone. She wasn't the most community driven fish. Sure, there was the Pod, but that didn't mean they mingled with others; and it did put a faint dampening on social skills when you're caught with one fin in the kelp jar. "My apologies if I've disturbed you. I wasn't intending to, of that I assure you." She added, a faint dip of her head, horns gleaming faintly with refracted light, the swoop of her fin down the line of her neck visible. She straightened soon after, cyan eyes focusing more firmly on the stallion, "My name's Below Zero, mother always said it's polite to introduce yourself. Most call me Bel though, as my name tends to be an awkward mouthful to use as a name." She finally added, if but a touch awkward.

Thoughts
Speech

Tagging: @Lasairian

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
-- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-21-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM