Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- listen to the waves crash;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel felt a bit like a fish out of water (pun not intended) here on the island of Novus. She felt a little out of place, she knew she was a little unlike anything she had really been noticed here before. Perhaps a bit of the wrong element, a touch of the unfamiliar, a little out of the water. And as such she had developed a sort of hesitancy towards meeting others, expecting some sort of remark to her unique-ness. She wondered how many of those that stopped to stare at her ever thought of how strange they were to her?

Where Below Zero had come from, she was considered much like the others, tails for swimming, an assortment of fins aiding in the under water world they lived in. Dual eyes to help with peering within the dark depths. She was completely normal she was just like anything else - back in her home Pod. Coming from the aquatic depths to on land had been a startling change - not just of scenery, but of it all. It was taking a decent amount of time for her to feel any sort of comfort to any of it. Perhaps it was how set in her ways she could be, or her social awkward behavior that came from a more secluded upbringing (which happened when you lived in the polar arctic and subarctic). But she was finding more of a stride, and as she did so she was beginning to settle a little more.

It was slow progress, but progress. That didn't necessarily mean that she felt comfortable around others just yet - especially strangers. And so the cream and red stallion ahead was enough to make her cautious to avoid distracting him from where his thoughts seemed to have him held, as well as just avoiding him in general. Strangers were to be treated with caution in her point of view, you never knew friend from foe. You just couldn't be sure.

Upon being called upon, however, she had seemed to freeze - silent as she stared at him. Unfortunately she hadn't quite realized how long her own silence had stretched. Still when she finally did speak, although awkwardly, she couldn't help but shuffle a forehoof faintly, slightly tense as she waited for his response. Although, she wasn't quite expecting him to so quickly deny her disturbance, reassuring even that he didn't mind meeting others. She returned the smile a little more shyly, though no less friendly. Lasair, as he introduced himself, then startled her with a question she'd never been asked - much less thought about (perhaps from being raised with others who had similar appendages?).

Both sets of bright blue eyes widened, as she turned her head to observe the tail that seemed to flick some of the remaining water from the fluke, nervously twitching under the combined attention of herself, and Lasair, "Oh, uhm, I've never really thought about it . . . I guess it's like any other part of my body, an extension if you will of my back. I've got fairly good control of it. It's rather flexible as well, though I'm fairly fexible in general, you have to be to be able to make quick turns beneath the water." She paused for a moment, glancing at the male, before motioning him forward, "You can touch it, if you'd like. It might be a touch different then your used to." She offered.

It was likely to be true, thanks to the thick lining of blubber underneath her epidermis and protecting the dermis layer itself, but it gives her pelt a much smoother feel, the muscles protected beneath it, not as noticeable thanks to protective fatty layer, and thanks to that blubber her body temperature tended to be a bit colder than others at first feel - the blubber trapping her heat better against her core. And with her pelt with a fairly silky texture, and having only one layer tended to be described as soft to the touch (thanks to the only one coat, instead of the normal two layers of pelt most other horses have). Small features that aided in her ability to live primarily with in the water - smooth blubber that reduced the amount of heat that left her body, and the single layer of fur that held a water-resistant quality that aided in her ability to swim smoothly with out being weighed down by a drenched pelt, resulting in a smooth body and silky, light fur. A difference that had to be felt rather then noticed visually - unlike the rest of her oddities, "My Pod, er birth herd; and I lived primarily deep underwater, so we're built a little differently to help keep us alive in the depths." She added, not giving away much about just HOW she was different, but explaining why touch was necessary to understand how unique the tail was.

Thoughts
Speech

Tagging: @Lasairian

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
-- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-21-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM